Limit order resubmitted and not maintained??  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
wilkinsw

Limit order resubmitted and not maintained??

Postby wilkinsw » 05 Aug 2014

Hi,

Strangely, I've only just noticed that I had a raft of target limit orders cancelled and resumbitted instead of maintained (lost my queue position).

This doesn't always happen and I can only assume it was due to stops using the same ("ordername") were moved for the same bar?

I'm using MC64 8.8 8967 + Patsystems.

Can someone point me in the right direction re the solution.

Alternatively, if this is an MC limitation...... is this bug fixed in a more current version of MC?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Limit order resubmitted and not maintained??  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Aug 2014

Hello wilkinsw,

If the same set of orders is generated on each calculation (same orders, same amount, same price, same TIF) then the orders are kept at broker and the place in queue is not lost.
If any of the mentioned parameters are modified then the orders are cancelled and resubmitted, therefore the place in the queue is lost.

If you have a particular set of orders in question - we can study the logs and tell you what exactly happened with the orders. In order to do that we need MultiCharts logs and Order IDs.

In the new backtesting/auto trading engine (coming in the next major platform update) we will provide more order control to the user, including ability to control the OCO groups:
https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1497

wilkinsw

Re: Limit order resubmitted and not maintained??

Postby wilkinsw » 06 Aug 2014

Thanks for the reply Henry.
In the new backtesting/auto trading engine (coming in the next major platform update) we will provide more order control to the user, including ability to control the OCO groups:
Sounds exciting. I'll wait for this then. The issue is personally not mission critical yet. But if I start running higher frequency algos with a higher limit order dependancy, in thicker markets (like ES) then this will be essential.

Thanks again!

Return to “MultiCharts”