open two instances of MC at the same time  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

open two instances of MC at the same time

Postby arnie » 05 Sep 2014

I'm certain this has been already discussed but can't find it.

I've MC running real time on my desktop, but I'd like to open MC in my laptop in offline mode so I can test a couple of things.
The problem here is that for it to log in it needs to disconnect from the DRM server the desktop instance and I didn't want to do that.
Do I really need to disconnect the desktop instance to activate the laptop one and then do the opposite again so the desktop receive realtime data while the laptop stays in offline mode?

Thanks

Smoky

Re: open two instances of MC at the same time

Postby Smoky » 05 Sep 2014

You can, if you stay in offline mode on laptop ;) (on historicals datas you can make tests with your laptop )

Henry MultiСharts

Re: open two instances of MC at the same time  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Sep 2014

arnie, if MultiCharts was previously authorized with your license on that PC - you can disconnect the PC from the Internet, start MC, switch it into the Offline mode.

JoshM

Re: open two instances of MC at the same time

Postby JoshM » 06 Sep 2014

I've MC running real time on my desktop, but I'd like to open MC in my laptop in offline mode so I can test a couple of things.
you can disconnect the PC from the Internet
If I recall correctly, you can also have your firewall (like the default Windows firewall) block the MultiCharts processes. MultiCharts is then in offline mode, but you can still have internet on your PC for other programs.

Return to “MultiCharts”