Merging data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tozwp

Merging data

Postby tozwp » 20 Sep 2014

I have a question regarding merging IB and TS forex data. To avoid the pacing violation, I would like to use IB for real time and Tradestion for historical data. I'm looking at a 1440 minute chart. I checked the box under preferences, charting, enable data source merging. I then added a symbol from IB under the Instrument tab for Real Time with the box checked for Merge data sources into single chart. The chart then showed the 2 days of real time data that was desired. I then right clicked and selected Format Instrument, selected History in the For dropdown and changed the Data Source to TS and then selected the same forex symbol. Under settings, I then selected 200 days back from today's date.

Questions: under the format instrument, settings tab, the data range is always from today's date. How does Multicharts determine where the change is between IB and TS data? Because I picked 2 days for IB data, does the break start there? Is there a specific order or method to adding the data to the chart?

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Merging data

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 23 Sep 2014

Hello tozwp,

In your case:
  • Every piece of tick/minute/daily data that is received in real-time from the moment you click on "OK" when you build the chart is the real-time data from IB (that is not stored locally in MC).
  • All the other data = historical data brought up from MC database and requested from TS servers.

tozwp

Postby tozwp » 25 Sep 2014

Andrew, is there any way to create a chart using only the last 2 days with IB data and the rest from TS?

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 25 Sep 2014

Unfortunately no. All historical data is taken from 1 source when merging data on chart.

Return to “MultiCharts”