Extracting Period Analysis Data from Portfolio Optimization

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trader0311

Extracting Period Analysis Data from Portfolio Optimization

Postby trader0311 » 14 Oct 2014

Hi,

When you produce a portfolio optimization there is a section called "Period analysis Charts". The charts are bar graphs and show the run up, draw down and final profit for your portfolio for each month/year. Is there anyway to gain access to the raw data that is creating these charts? I could go though and extract each value by hand....but that data is being pulled from somewhere and it would be great if there were a work-around for getting this data out. I am seeking the monthly and yearly data for additional analysis.

Many thanks

JR

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Extracting Period Analysis Data from Portfolio Optimizat

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2014

Hello trader0311,

You can get the data from the individual reports as portfolio report is a combination of all individual reports per instrument. There is no way to get access to the raw data that is being used for generating these reports.

trader0311

Postby trader0311 » 17 Oct 2014

Thanks Henry,

If I put all the strategies on one chart to simulate the performance of the portfolio, and if I have all those strategies trading one symbol only, is there a way to create an indicator that would calculate the runup, drawdown and closing equity on a periodic basis? (ie weekly, monthly, annually etc)

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Oct 2014

Thanks Henry,

If I put all the strategies on one chart to simulate the performance of the portfolio, and if I have all those strategies trading one symbol only, is there a way to create an indicator that would calculate the runup, drawdown and closing equity on a periodic basis? (ie weekly, monthly, annually etc)
Yes, that is possible to write such study.

Return to “MultiCharts”