Anyway to know witch tab of a worbook is selected?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Anyway to know witch tab of a worbook is selected?

Postby arjfca » 26 Oct 2014

Hello

Don't remember if I had asked the question, but this is a old quest for me

My goal
Using a multiple screen system, I would like to be able to see a chart using different scale at the same time. Let say that all chart on screen 1 is on 15 scale, Screen 2 are 1H and screen 3 use 4H

Now, my goal would be that once I select to view an instrument on the 15 Minutes screen, I would like to automatically open the 2 other chart of the same instruments on the other screen. One click / = 3 views

A desktop is opened. This one contain 8 charts put on 8 workspaces. My question is: Is there a way to determine via code, witch workspace is selected and view on the screen?

If so, is there a way to select a workspace to be active on another desktop worspace collection

If not possible with MC, any suggestion on witch software could allow to do it.

Any input appreciated

Martin
Attachments
Witch tab selected.jpg
(229.09 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

TJ

Re: Anyway to know witch tab of a worbook is selected?

Postby TJ » 26 Oct 2014

Hello
My goal
Using a multiple screen system, I would like to be able to see a chart using different scale at the same time. Let say that all chart on screen 1 is on 15 scale, Screen 2 are 1H and screen 3 use 4H
Now, my goal would be that once I select to view an instrument on the 15 Minutes screen, I would like to automatically open the 2 other chart of the same instruments on the other screen. One click / = 3 views
A desktop is opened. This one contain 8 charts put on 8 workspaces. My question is: Is there a way to determine via code, witch workspace is selected and view on the screen?
If so, is there a way to select a workspace to be active on another desktop worspace collection
Any input appreciated
Martin
You can assign a color tab to the instrument.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 26 Oct 2014

Hello
My goal
Any input appreciated
Martin
You can assign a color tab to the instrument.
Hello Sir TJ

Thanks for your suggestion. Did try it, but, not the result.

I did add on both workspace status line the link and assigned the "RED" to both Eur.Usd instrument. Same instrument, but in a different desktop and scale.

When I click and select the workspace tab with the instrument, the other one is not selected.

Martin

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 27 Oct 2014

My goal

Not sure if I follow, but aren't detached windows brought to the front when the workspace is switched?

So you could try the following setup:
- Monitor 1: The main MultiCharts.exe program with the list of workspace tabs (like in the screenshot in your post).
- Monitor 2: All detached 1H windows, one belonging to each of the workspace.
- Monitor 3: Like monitor 2, but with the 4H charts.

So when you then switch from Workspace A to Workspace B, the 1H and 4H chart of Workspace B are brought to the front and 'overlayed' on the previous charts. That's the one click for the three views (or one keyboard shortcut if you use Ctrl - PageUp and Ctrl - PageDown to cycle through the workspaces).

Is that the behaviour you're wanting to achieve?

Return to “MultiCharts”