EntryPrice showing 0 for buy to cover.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maisatomai

EntryPrice showing 0 for buy to cover.

Postby maisatomai » 26 Oct 2014

For buy signal, the keyword entryprice allow me to know the price it bought at. But if for buy to cover signal, it shows 0. I tried exitprice but it still show 0. Anyone know how can I get the entryprice to buytocover?

JoshM

Re: EntryPrice showing 0 for buy to cover.

Postby JoshM » 27 Oct 2014

For buy signal, the keyword entryprice allow me to know the price it bought at. But if for buy to cover signal, it shows 0. I tried exitprice but it still show 0. Anyone know how can I get the entryprice to buytocover?
EntryPrice returns the price at which the position opened: the `Buy` and `SellShort` prices.
ExitPrice returns the price at which the position was closed: the `Sell` and `BuyToCover` prices.

So `ExitPrice` will be the correct keyword here. But `EntryPrice` and `ExitPrice` do not immediately update:
EntryPrice will be available only at next calculation (next close by default) after entry order is filled and entry price is returned by your broker to MC.
Source.

So then the question is: how long do you see a 0 returned? In general, `ExitPrice(1)` will need to return the exit price of the previous position on the bar after this position was closed.

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: EntryPrice showing 0 for buy to cover.

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 27 Oct 2014

Hello maisatomai,

BuyToCover is an order to exit strategy, after it is triggered, the EntryPrice keyword will not returned any EntryPrice. Please try PosTradeExitPrice.

maisatomai

Re: EntryPrice showing 0 for buy to cover.  [SOLVED]

Postby maisatomai » 29 Oct 2014

actually I found the answer by chance. It exitprice(1).

Return to “MultiCharts”