Controlling the the number of bars loaded in the scanner  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bruce.mtpredictor

Controlling the the number of bars loaded in the scanner

Postby bruce.mtpredictor » 29 Oct 2014

As we all know, in a chart we can control the number of bars loaded via the Date Range property. Either "Bars Back" or "Days Back" can be selected.

Is there anyway to control the number of bars loaded in the Scanner?

Here is what I tried:
  • 1. First, by default I just ran the indicator and 81 bars were loaded. I have no idea why 81 were loaded since I only reference at best 1 bar back in any of my formulas.
    1. value98 = Close[500] as the last statement in the source; But when I ran this I got an text message that prints in the Scanner cell tat says: "Not Enough data".
    2. value98 = Close[400] as the last statement in the source; This time 121 bars were loaded which is 40 bars more than running without the value98 statement.
    3. value98 = Close[300] as the last statement in the source; This time 156 bars were loaded. I don't understand how it came up with this number.
    4. value98 = Close[200] as the last statement in the source; This time 318 bars were loaded.
    5. value98 = Close[100] as the last statement in the source; This time 480 bars were loaded.
    5. value98 = Close[0] as the last statement in the source; This time 641 bars were loaded.
Any ideas on how to do this properly. In TS there was a setting "Additional bars to load" which I could set to any number and it would load that many bars plus the number of bars that the indicator referenced back in the series... which in my case was 2. So for example if I said 500 additional bars to load then 502 bars would be loaded.

Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Controlling the the number of bars loaded in the scanner  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Oct 2014

Hello bruce,

Here is how to change the data range in the scanner: Working with Symbols#Formatting Symbols

bruce.mtpredictor

Re: Controlling the the number of bars loaded in the scanner

Postby bruce.mtpredictor » 30 Oct 2014

Thanks, that did it.

Return to “MultiCharts”