Watchlists, Custom Studies and Linked charts.  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
KhaosTrader

Watchlists, Custom Studies and Linked charts.

Postby KhaosTrader » 02 Nov 2014

Hi,

I have a watchlist that contains 80 to 100 different instruments. On that watchlist I put in my own custom study, and have unique perameters set for each instrument on the watchlist.. I right mouse clicked and changed the value for each of the 80 to 100 lines. It works well and I can see the study values on the watchlist that are a result of the unique parameters set for each of the instruments on the watchlist....

Here is what i would like...

I would really like it if i could link a chart with my custom study to the watchlist, such that as i click a given instrument on the watchlist, it would load the unique parameters that each instrument has which is stored in my watchlist. This would be good because without this capability, I must have 80 to 100 charts saved with each unique parameter set (that is already in the watchlist). If I have this feature, then I only need 1 chart, and it loads the parameters dynamically from the watchlist to the chart.

Is this possible with the current release?

Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Watchlists, Custom Studies and Linked charts.

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Nov 2014

Hello KhaosTrader,

Unfortunately there is no such functionality at the moment.
You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site so other users can vote for it: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

bensat

Postby bensat » 03 Nov 2014

Code: Select all

var: x(0);

if symbol = SPY then x = 10 else
if symbol = QQQ then x = 20;
No unnecessary extra feature needed. You can define any parameter for your studies for every symbol in your own code. It's just 1time work.

Regards.

Ben

KhaosTrader

Postby KhaosTrader » 03 Nov 2014

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that idea... I like it. I am thinking of using ELCollections to read a text datafile that will load the settings, then I can just edit the data file...

bensat

Postby bensat » 04 Nov 2014

Hi Ben,

Thanks for that idea... I like it. I am thinking of using ELCollections to read a text datafile that will load the settings, then I can just edit the data file...
You are welcome and your solution is even better ;). Nice.

Regards.

Ben

KhaosTrader

Re: Watchlists, Custom Studies and Linked charts.  [SOLVED]

Postby KhaosTrader » 04 Nov 2014

Yep I successfully implemented it just last night. Its very cool. the settings data is loaded on each row of the watchlist and when i click on the linked chart, the chart is loaded with the proper settings also.

So now before I had 93 charts on a 10 min time frame, now its reduced to 1 chart and the watchlist which also gives me alerts on which chart to look at. Very cool stuff.

I will be adding 2 more timeframes within the next week...

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 04 Nov 2014

Yep I successfully implemented it just last night. Its very cool. the settings data is loaded on each row of the watchlist and when i click on the linked chart, the chart is loaded with the proper settings also.

So now before I had 93 charts on a 10 min time frame, now its reduced to 1 chart and the watchlist which also gives me alerts on which chart to look at. Very cool stuff.

I will be adding 2 more timeframes within the next week...
Awesome! Not only will this save a lot of time, it will also save a lot of computing resources. It would be great for the community if you consider sharing your code?

Return to “MultiCharts”