end ability of anyone to open and read forum topics

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
escamillo

end ability of anyone to open and read forum topics

Postby escamillo » 17 Nov 2014

I believe it is true that anyone on the internets coming to this forum can open any forum topic and read it... True?
If so, can forum topics please be closed so that only registered MC users or MC registered guests can read the content provided by MC and MC users? Thank you.

bensat

Re: end ability of anyone to open and read forum topics

Postby bensat » 17 Nov 2014

I believe it is true that anyone on the internets coming to this forum can open any forum topic and read it... True?
If so, can forum topics please be closed so that only registered MC users or MC registered guests can read the content provided by MC and MC users? Thank you.
In other forum's a current user of the software can subscribe and/or login only.

hilbert

Postby hilbert » 17 Nov 2014

AFAIK, Write access is not permitted to non-MC users, only read access is permitted. What is your problem with read-access being given to non-MC users? Why should it be restricted to non-MC users, what is the rationale other than saying that other proprietary software forums are not available to non-users.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 17 Nov 2014

I disagree here. The activity and knowledge base is great publicity. I've never seen a single marketing attempt from MC except for on a couple forum posts so we need everything we can get.

Other forums that have locked it down to clients only is a shame. TS does this and their forum (if sorted through) is the best source of trading knowledge on the web.

Might I ask why you'd suggest this?

ABC

Postby ABC » 17 Nov 2014

In my opinion this would do more harm than good for the exact same reasons MAtricks has pointed out. This really might drive less people to MC and in turn harm us all. If the intend is to lock out people with pirated copies than maybe limiting downloads of studies to registered users might be an option. But even that might backfire and in the end will probably not prevent the studies from finding it's way to the net on some other ways.
I'd be interested in your opinion too escamillo as to why you think this would be a good idea, as I might miss something that could make me reconsider.

Regards,

ABC

OZ Trade

Postby OZ Trade » 20 Nov 2014

If you have some groundbreaking proprietary strategy that you're just itching to get off your chest you could just PM it to me ;-)

Return to “MultiCharts”