Free quotes

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
zhutroomdomy

Free quotes

Postby zhutroomdomy » 19 Nov 2014

How i can create a new data feed for free quotes?
Tank
Attachments
free quotes.png
(23.11 KiB) Downloaded 772 times

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Free quotes

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 19 Nov 2014

Hello zhutroomdomy,

It is not possible to clone/create new data sources. What is the goal to have another FreeQuotes data feed?

Yves BENOIT

Postby Yves BENOIT » 15 Jan 2015

Hello,
FreeQuote seems to be randomly working:
I could download in charts:
Ipsen from french market as symbol:IPN exchange:EPA via Google
and also as symbol:IPN Exchange: PA via Yahoo
But NOT:
Accor from french market as symbol:AC exchange:EPA via Google
nor as symbol:AC Exchange: PA via Yahoo
Areva from french market as symbol:AREVA exchange:EPA via Google
nor as symbol:AREVA Exchange: PA via Yahoo
although Accor & Areva are among the main 40 of Cac40 index and are much bigger than Ipsen;
and although on Finance.Google and Yahoo Finance web sites, all these instruments are downloadable…

It' a pity, 'cause when I try to show Multicharts to colleagues I cannot persuade them if they can't access their main instruments for free even during trial period.

They won't open a trial period at eSignal just to test a trial period at MultiCharts...

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 16 Jan 2015

I could download in charts:
Ipsen from french market as symbol:IPN exchange:EPA via Google
and also as symbol:IPN Exchange: PA via Yahoo
But NOT:
Accor from french market as symbol:AC exchange:EPA via Google
nor as symbol:AC Exchange: PA via Yahoo
Areva from french market as symbol:AREVA exchange:EPA via Google
nor as symbol:AREVA Exchange: PA via Yahoo
although Accor & Areva are among the main 40 of Cac40 index and are much bigger than Ipsen;
If the data is not shown on the chart, it means the data is not available for downloading as ASCII files.
and although on Finance.Google and Yahoo Finance web sites, all these instruments are downloadable…
The fact you can see it on their chart, doesn't mean MC can download the ASCII file with the data.
They won't open a trial period at eSignal just to test a trial period at MultiCharts...
Why?

Yves BENOIT

Postby Yves BENOIT » 16 Jan 2015

Because there are plenty of offers in Europe;
the main one is ProRealTime( also called ITFinance when service is provided by a broker)

As soon as you register with ProRealTime you have access to end of day data for hundreds of instruments on most exchanges in the world for free. And they are pre-installed. Charting ergonomy is rather good. They have a scanner. Of course, programming strategies and scanner events is very limited. But people get attracted by the simplicity to enter their system.

So, as I said, if traders have to contract a trial period at Esignal (leave your Credit Card number), Then a trial period at MC then learn both systems in order to install their favorites instruments , then start your personal discovery of MC, it is heavy, isn't it?

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Jan 2015

Hello,
::
Google and Yahoo do not have the licenses to stream all the data from all the exchanges.
They can display the charts on their websites,
they can allow download on certain licensed products. but not everything.
This maybe the reason you have problem downloading some of the symbols.

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 16 Jan 2015

So, as I said, if traders have to contract a trial period at Esignal (leave your Credit Card number), Then a trial period at MC then learn both systems in order to install their favorites instruments , then start your personal discovery of MC, it is heavy, isn't it?
I see your point, however we provide only the software, to fill it with data you will need to contact 3rd-party companies. FreeQuotes works fine for most NASDAQ stocks, you can use them for demonstratation. If you need particular markets, which are not available from FreeQuotes, then you will have to sign up for a demo account.

Return to “MultiCharts”