Problem with Multiple instance of MultiCharts opened

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
holbrooke

Problem with Multiple instance of MultiCharts opened

Postby holbrooke » 14 Feb 2008

I usually open 2 instances of multicharts on one PC to view on two separate screens. The crosshair was able to synchronize across these two instances, ie they were able to point to the same time period. Now with version 3, i am not able to do so. Can someone fix this?

This beats having detachable windows anytime.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Feb 2008

Hi holbrooke,

The whole idea in the latest MC versions was to avoid having to open multiple instances for multiple screens. You can just detach chart windows and place them whereever you want them. In this case crosshair works across the screens and across the chart windows on those screens - synchronization is still there.

holbrooke

i work with 4 workspaces and each workspace have a minimum of 4 charts. I flip the workspaces now and then. With this limitation, do you expect me to drag up to 16 charts all over my screen all at once?

Hope you understand how this makes it very inconvenient, not to mention frustrating using the new version.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Feb 2008

Hi holbrooke,

I'm afraid there was a miscommunication or maybe we are talking about different things. Once you set up your detached windows onto a screen it will stay there. You won't have to do this every time you launch MultiCharts.

holbrooke

thks for your reply. you answered part of my question. the other part is the toggling between workspaces.. when i toggled a workspace, all the charts that were detached that belonged to another workspace dissapeared. So, i can't view charts from two workspace simultaneously. Previously, i could do it with two instances of multichart open.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 15 Feb 2008

That's correct. If you use several instances of MultiCharts, global cursor will not work as it should. If you use detached windows you can see only once workspace at time. We will fix the problem later.

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 15 Feb 2008

Thks! I've got to give you guys credit for responsiveness.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 15 Feb 2008

You are welcome!

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 23 Mar 2008

Looks like this problem has not been solved in the new beta.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 24 Mar 2008

I don't personally know of any other trading program that has a global crosshair that works across more than one instance of the program. If MC "had" this, and can have it again, that would certainly be a plus for MC.

It's also true that even having multiple instances open and operating correctly is a trick that many trading programs cannot yet do.

If MC offers both detachable windows with each workspace and multiple instance operation, then that's a notable advantage (which should satisfy everybody on this score!).

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 26 Mar 2008

i can confirm that MC had this feature in the old version 2. They agreed to have this feature in version 3, i'm just wondering what's the status now, cause the latest version is lacking this feature.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Mar 2008

Hi guys,

We'll try to make the global cursor work across workspaces. This feature has been assigned high priority.

Regards.

holbrooke

Postby holbrooke » 08 May 2008

hi Marina,

I'm still awaiting this feature, ie to make the global cursor work across workspaces. Is this under development still? Pls update, thks.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 15 May 2008

Hi Holbrooke,

We have concentrated our major efforts on the scanner, this is why some other features will take longer to implement than previously intended.

But we are thinking on the best possible implementation of workspaces vs instances to have a truly global cursor in place in future MC versions.

TJ

Postby TJ » 15 May 2008

Hi Holbrooke,

We have concentrated our major efforts on the scanner, this is why some other features will take longer to implement than previously intended.

But we are thinking on the best possible implementation of workspaces vs instances to have a truly global cursor in place in future MC versions.
eagerly awaiting the scanner... this will put MC over the top of everybody in the market !

Return to “MultiCharts”