Intermittent display of Active Orders  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
thutch

Intermittent display of Active Orders

Postby thutch » 09 Dec 2014

HI,

I'm using the latest Release of MC connecting to IB.

On all charts my Open Positions marker displays correctly. However, on certain charts my Active Orders markers do not display. I'm looking at FX charts using IB's IdealPro venue.

I can't see anything wrong with my settings and, again, most charts display correctly. Any ideas why some active orders do not show up?

thank you

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: Intermittent display of Active Orders

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2014

Hello thutch,

Are you able to see the orders in the Order and Position Tracker window on the Orders tab? If yes, what are their statuses?

thutch

Postby thutch » 09 Dec 2014

Hello thutch,

Are you able to see the orders in the Order and Position Tracker window on the Orders tab? If yes, what are their statuses?
They have status of either "Submitted" or "sent". However, on careful examination I see that the orders I have for USD.CHF are being applied to the GBP.CHF chart! Which is a long way away price-wise, and the reasons they did not show up on the screen (just MUCH lower down the Y-axis).

I see that there are several orders that are showing ont he wrong chart. I guess I need to have a session to fix this...

Andrew MultiCharts

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 09 Dec 2014

They have status of either "Submitted" or "sent". However, on careful examination I see that the orders I have for USD.CHF are being applied to the GBP.CHF chart! Which is a long way away price-wise, and the reasons they did not show up on the screen (just MUCH lower down the Y-axis).

I see that there are several orders that are showing ont he wrong chart. I guess I need to have a session to fix this...
Most likely symbol mapping is not configured correctly, please check it.

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you.

thutch

Re: Intermittent display of Active Orders  [SOLVED]

Postby thutch » 11 Dec 2014

After much investigation, this problem was due ti IB's TWS version (Build 944). TWS was sending back duplicate order IDs for two different instruments.

I have upgraded TWS and now hope the issue is gone forever.

Most likely symbol mapping is not configured correctly, please check it.

If the issue still persists, please come to our live chat during working hours (6:30 am – 2:45 pm EST) to let our operators connect to your computer remotely and help you.

Return to “MultiCharts”