View Strat fills & orders when Broker Profile is disconected  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
justme

View Strat fills & orders when Broker Profile is disconected

Postby justme » 09 Jan 2015

Hi, while I am learning MC, I don't want orders to be sent to rithmic so I have disconnected their profile. The strategies and charts are spot on when compared to TS. I can use the "cross Pointer" to get the values of the entry or exit prices. But how can I see the strategies order and position information?

I have the "order and position tracker window" opened and while the worksheet currently has two open positions, there are NO strategy positions and NO orders shown.

In the Orders tab, I have toggled the source, between "All" and "Strategy" and still nothing, all tabs are completely blank.

How do I get to see strategy positions and orders in realtime?

Thanks. Gordon

Henry MultiСharts

Re: View Strat fills & orders when Broker Profile is discone

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Jan 2015

Hello Gordon,

Order and Position Tracker window shows only the orders that were placed by autotrading and manual trading to the broker. Order and Position Tracker window cannot be utilized for backtesting.

Backtesting results can be viewed in Strategy performance report:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... nce_Report

PowerLanguage sample code that shows a message on the screen regarding the current system status can be found here.

There is a feature scheduled for MC 9.1: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/viewissu ... no=MC-1497
With the help of this feature that will be possible to get the collection of orders that were generated, cancelled, filled etc by the strategy in backtesting.

justme

Re: View Strat fills & orders when Broker Profile is discone

Postby justme » 09 Jan 2015

Thank you Henry.

The screen messaging will help a lot. I assume your new strategy performance in RT will include strategy Pnls?

I know this is a real nebulous question, but is there a possible target date for 9.1?

Thanks. Gordon

Henry MultiСharts

Re: View Strat fills & orders when Broker Profile is discone  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Jan 2015

The screen messaging will help a lot. I assume your new strategy performance in RT will include strategy Pnls?
There will be new reserved for order and OCO group handling. Various Strategy Performance information is already available using Strategy Position Trades, Strategy Position, Strategy Performance.
I know this is a real nebulous question, but is there a possible target date for 9.1?
There is no ETA for this version at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”