IntraBarPersit and Resolution

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
avme

IntraBarPersit and Resolution

Postby avme » 10 Jan 2015

Hi all,

I want to put daily indicators and tick indicators in one line in Market Scanner. And I can only have one resolution setting.
Can IntraBarPersit override the resolution setting in Market Scanner? i.e. Set resolution to "1Day", all indicators are calculated on daily base except the one with variables in IntraBarPersist.

Thanks
Jimmy

Andrew MultiCharts

Re: IntraBarPersit and Resolution

Postby Andrew MultiCharts » 12 Jan 2015

Hello avme,

If you want an indicator to calculate on every tick (intrabar), in settings of the indicator you should check the box "Update on every tick". If you want the code to update, keep and use variables calculated intrabar, the variables should be IntraBarPersist.

If you want an indicator to calculate on closes of bars only, check off the box "Update on every tick".

JoshM

Re: IntraBarPersit and Resolution

Postby JoshM » 13 Jan 2015

I want to put daily indicators and tick indicators in one line in Market Scanner. And I can only have one resolution setting.
Can IntraBarPersit override the resolution setting in Market Scanner? i.e. Set resolution to "1Day", all indicators are calculated on daily base except the one with variables in IntraBarPersist.
One single indicator cannot be both calculated on every tick and only on bar close, as Andrew already pointed out.

You can, however, use BarStatus to have a part of an indicator that is updated on every tick only update on bar close. For example:

Code: Select all

if (BarStatus(1) = 2) then begin

Print("This code block is only ",
"executed on bar close of the primary data series");

end;

Print("This statement is executed on every tick, ",
"whether that's intra-bar or on bar close");

Return to “MultiCharts”