Email alerts have long delays.. will Twitter work?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
trim

Email alerts have long delays.. will Twitter work?

Postby trim » 13 Jan 2015

I am finding the MC Alert function very helpful but since it only provides for an email alert there are too many delays in receiving the email once an alert is triggered. Has anyone found a way of making this a Twitter of other similar Alert instead of an email alert?

JoshM

Re: Email alerts have long delays.. will Twitter work?

Postby JoshM » 14 Jan 2015

I am finding the MC Alert function very helpful but since it only provides for an email alert there are too many delays in receiving the email once an alert is triggered.
How do you check your e-mail? I'm asking because, if you for example connect an Outlook.com account to GMail's POP feature, GMail will check this additional account every so often (which gives a delay in receiving the e-mail).

trim

Re: Email alerts have long delays.. will Twitter work?

Postby trim » 14 Jan 2015

I am finding the MC Alert function very helpful but since it only provides for an email alert there are too many delays in receiving the email once an alert is triggered.
How do you check your e-mail? I'm asking because, if you for example connect an Outlook.com account to GMail's POP feature, GMail will check this additional account every so often (which gives a delay in receiving the e-mail).
Hi Josh
No I am using gmail and it is push email account do it theoretically should come to me as soon as the gmail server sends it on to me. So I hear the email come in then I can check the time stamp and compare it to the actual alert timing in MC so I can see what delay there has been and it varies but can be substantial. So this is an limitation of email traffic I think and that is why I am thinking perhaps Twitter os similar may be more responsive.

Return to “MultiCharts”