Install of 999

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Install of 999

Postby drwar » 18 Feb 2008

After deleting database files and doing new MC install . Why is the database file so large and why does it hava such a large casche file as well ? over 100mb for a casche file that should be empty.

Nick

Postby Nick » 19 Feb 2008

A side question .....I know there are no currently built in tools for database maintenance. Is there a 3rd party generic program (ideally opensource or freeware) that works well with MC/Firebird? I had a look round a while back but nothing was obviously appropriate.

Andrew Kirillov

Re: Install of 999

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

After deleting database files and doing new MC install . Why is the database file so large and why does it hava such a large casche file as well ? over 100mb for a casche file that should be empty.
It is impossible. It means the database haven't been deleted by the installer. Did you check "complete delete"?

The default installer databases are small.

Andrew Kirillov

A side question .....I know there are no currently built in tools for database maintenance. Is there a 3rd party generic program (ideally opensource or freeware) that works well with MC/Firebird? I had a look round a while back but nothing was obviously appropriate.
Firebird is free and you can use it, but we compress data in our proprietary format. So you will not be able to edit or add quotes.

drwar

Re: Install of 999

Postby drwar » 20 Feb 2008

[quote][quote]After deleting database files and doing new MC install . Why is the database file so large and why does it hava such a large casche file as well ? over 100mb for a casche file that should be empty.[/quote]

It is impossible. It means the database haven't been deleted by the installer. Did you check "complete delete"?

The default installer databases are small.[/quote]

No , I didn't want to do this. I deleted the datafiles manually. However This led me to discover the problem. 999 version copies the database from the OLD location which I totally forgot about. So I just had to delete that.

Thanks
J~

Andrew Kirillov

You're welcome!

jek

Re:

Postby jek » 26 Nov 2016

Firebird is free and you can use it, but we compress data in our proprietary format. So you will not be able to edit or add quotes.
If you won't provide a scriptable solution to import and export, at least document how to do that to/from the database.
Vote for: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/public/m ... ues/MC-280

Return to “MultiCharts”