Chart - Statusline different dependent on the Chart-Type

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
PK1

Chart - Statusline different dependent on the Chart-Type

Postby PK1 » 19 Jan 2015

Hello,

on the status-line one can show indicators-names + their params and the symbol itself.

Choosing as chart type under Format Instrument -> Settings the entry Regular the symbol is shown before indicator information, choosing Renko (maybe other variants also) the indicator informations come first.

Actually no big deal, but having a couple of windows I want to see which symbol is shown by looking at the top left of the window. With two or three indicators it's better to blend out the indicator information when using Renko, because otherwise the symbol is anywhere in the status-line, even though its emphasized.

PK1

Re: Chart - Statusline different dependent on the Chart-Type

Postby PK1 » 19 Jan 2015

I've seen one can change the position of the fields in the status-line tabpage.
Well, thank you PK1 ;)

PK1

Postby PK1 » 19 Jan 2015

I've seen one can change the position of the fields in the status-line tabpage.
But that's no solution, unfortunately.

The position of the fields depends on the Visual Order (to be adjusted via context-menu) and the adjustments to be done in FormatWindow - StatusLine

While rewriting the bars with my own bars the instrument is sent to the back via VisualOrder-Settings. Than the symbol is at first place in the status line. Needing the original bars at the front (VisualOrder) then it's not possible to have the symbol at first shown in the status line. Furthermore the position in the status-line is like showing the top-most (VisualOrder) first, hard to understand this decision.

After all I guess it's behaving as designed, showing the information about the charted indicators and instruments in the order they are put on the chart. The one put first on the chart will be shown at the lowest layer and in the status-line at first place.

But nethertheless for me I would prefer to exclude the instruments information from this ordering, putting that information always at first place. With lots of charts that would be easier to handle during the day, especially when the symbol has same color as the other entries in the status line.

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Jan 2015

You can always make your own status line... with TEXT_NEW.

Return to “MultiCharts”