Problem with TS Feed - @ES.D symbol

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Ming80

Problem with TS Feed - @ES.D symbol

Postby Ming80 » 22 Jan 2015

Hi guys,

I wanted to check with other users using TS as their datafeed if they have any issues specifically with @ES.D symbol. I'm running @ES.D on a chart on MC64 (Data1 minute resolution, Data2 daily resolution). The issue I have been seeing is that when the cash market starts, the feed does not update in MC. What is more strange is that sometimes it is the minute resolution that does not update and at other times it is the daily resolution. This symbol is running fine in TS itself and other symbols work fine in MC @ES ...@GC etc so I have not been able to troubleshoot this for quite some time. However, when I close and restart MC once the market has opened the TS feed works updates and works fine.

I tried several things to no avail:
1) Deleted and reloaded the symbol both in TS and MC/QM
2) Ensured antivirus do not scan MC tsserver and folders
3) Shrunk database
4) Updated to the latest MC 9
5) Even a new installation on a different new computer has the same error so it really makes me wonder where the problem if it isn't a database problem

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there has had a similar issue for the same symbol else it is the way I am configured. Not quite sure what else to try besides using log collector and reverting to MC 32 bit to see if the same issue occurs. Really appreciate any ideas/comments to try and see how I could solve this issue. Thanks in advance!

brgds - Ming

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problem with TS Feed - @ES.D symbol

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 Jan 2015

Hello Ming,

Regular logging level does not trace the realtime data. To study this issue extended logging is required. You need to run one chart for replicating the issue (that will make it easier to study the issue). If you do not want to interfere with the current setup of MultiCharts 64 – you can install MultiCharts 32 bit on the same PC and I will extend the trial for it (PM me your user ID) so that you can use it solely for replicating the issue (while MC64 will be used as usual).

Please install and run MultiCharts 32 bit, then do the following:
  1. Disable loading workspaces on start of MultiCharts (File->Preferences->Worksapces->uncheck “Open workspaces on start”.
  2. Go to Format->Window, make sure Status line is enabled, make sure all of status line values are enabled.
  3. Close all MultiCharts processes.
  4. Go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts
  5. Erase all Multicharts logs (all files/folders) in the appeared folder.
  6. Right click on the MultiCharts shortcut –> Properties –> "Shortcut" tab –> select "open file location".
  7. In the appeared folder please run ExtendedLogging.exe
  8. In the appeared Extended Logging window please click "Clear All", then put the checkbox next to "Shaper.dll" and datafeeds\tsTSDataFeed.dll, click "switched Off' (it will turn into "Switched On"), click Apply. It will enable realtime logging.
  9. Start MultiCharts.
  10. Please run one chart for replicating the issue.
  11. Once the issue is replicated – create a full sized screenshot of the chart window.
  12. Go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts
  13. Zip all files and folders (except Cache folder).
  14. Send me (support@multicharts.com) the logs and the screenshot, specify the time the charts have stopped updating and the time they should have started updating (if the file size is >10 mb please upload it to any file sharing hosting and send me the download link.).
  15. You can also come to our live chat if need to get help with the setup or you want to demonstrate the issue remotely.

If the issue is not replicated – please close MultiCharts and erase the logs (go to %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\MultiCharts and erase all files/folders in the appeared folder). That will make the logs cleaner and easier to study the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”