24 hour connection

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
waldem

24 hour connection

Postby waldem » 22 Jan 2015

hallo team,
unfortunately my brocket doesn't allow the 24 hour connection but they broke it every midnigth, therefore i have to restart every morning.

in case of myltiple day order, should MC retrieve the open position at broker and understand if is already in position?

waldem

Re: 24 hour connection

Postby waldem » 22 Jan 2015

probably i solve if i put a control that save in variable like:
if MarketPosition_at_Broker <> 0 then MP = MarketPosition_at_Broker;

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 22 Jan 2015

Is your broker IB?

If so search on the forum for some solution that will keep IB alive.

Solution that I used
IB Gateway
TWSStart

Martin

DTorSwing

Postby DTorSwing » 22 Jan 2015

Is your broker IB?

If so search on the forum for some solution that will keep IB alive.

Solution that I used
IB Gateway
TWSStart

Martin
I was going to suggest the same, but if is Broker not IB/TWS, then specify who

waldem

Postby waldem » 23 Jan 2015

Thank you all,
i will look for IB topic: my broker is not IB but an italian broker.

i don't know if i will solve simply using:

"The Show Always box should be checked to get the Assign the Initial Market Position Dialogue every time the automation is enabled, no matter what is the strategy position by that moment. It is extremely important for [SA] mode, because it is always flat when automation is turned on in [SA]."

this topic is linked to the other "MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy"

i still need to understand correctly this.

my problem is only that every morning MC have to understand if yesterday were in position or not, but is so difficult for my understanding.

is not a problem for me every morning tell to MC the position.

i've tried to use MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategyto make it automatically, but is different meaning of MarketPosition that can be only 0/1/-1: MarketPosition_at_Broker_for_The_Strategy will return number of stock long and not just if we are in position or not.

so you understood that i'm so confused on this topic.
i would like to buy a server and make the MC run but i cannot solve at the moment the 24 hour connection problem properly.

thanks
walter

orion

Postby orion » 23 Jan 2015

I think your question is how to make MC continue with the position from the prior day since your broker requires a break in trading. Use the 'Do not Show the Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker' and select the third option which is 'Use the actual position at the broker'. You have to use SA mode. This will cause the marketPosition_at_broker to update the marketPosition_at_broker_for_the_strategy which will then cause the marketPosition to be updated. You are correct that the marketPosition keyword only indicates direction (-1/0/+1) while the other two indicate the net position quantity.

waldem

Postby waldem » 23 Jan 2015

yes, you got the question perfectly!

thanks for the reply, i did the settings and i will try soon as one overnight occour.

walter

DTorSwing

Postby DTorSwing » 23 Jan 2015

I think your question is how to make MC continue with the position from the prior day since your broker requires a break in trading. Use the 'Do not Show the Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker' and select the third option which is 'Use the actual position at the broker'. You have to use SA mode. This will cause the marketPosition_at_broker to update the marketPosition_at_broker_for_the_strategy which will then cause the marketPosition to be updated. You are correct that the marketPosition keyword only indicates direction (-1/0/+1) while the other two indicate the net position quantity.
excellent advice. this is the combo I was told by MC rep and using now
SA mode
'Do not Show the Assign the Initial Market Position at the Broker'
'Use the actual position at the broker'.
and other choices seem to be for AA mode

Return to “MultiCharts”