Comments from anyone on using OpenTick Data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
drwar

Comments from anyone on using OpenTick Data

Postby drwar » 19 Feb 2008

Can people using Open TIck for a data source including tssupport please comment on its data and usuability. Also how well does it interface with MC.
Is it ready for prime time ? What is the best way to interface it with years of Esignal history?

thanks

Jerry

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 20 Feb 2008

Jerry,
I don't think OT can replace eSignal. It is completely different levels of speed, reliability and data quality. I would consider IQFeed if you want to leave eSignal, but I’m still thinking that eSignal is the best.

Thomas Mann

Postby Thomas Mann » 22 Feb 2008

Hi All,
I personally am subscribed to the Globex and EMINI packages for Opentick. I find the feed very reliable and until recently I had not had many issues. They use to lag 2-3 seconds when markets got really fast, but lately their new servers seem to be doing better. Overall I think it is worth the money for a cheap backup feed to IB. If you want the cadalliac of trading feeds then Esignal would be the one. Personally I can make money using a Volkswagon.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 25 Feb 2008

Sounds fair!

pipsqueek

Postby pipsqueek » 25 Feb 2008

I use Opentick with no issues. By the way Jerry, I bought your indicators a while back and wanted to move it to another computer 6 months ago and emailed you several times about a new key. You have yet to reply. Alf Toy

drwar

Postby drwar » 25 Feb 2008

[quote]I use Opentick with no issues. By the way Jerry, I bought your indicators a while back and wanted to move it to another computer 6 months ago and emailed you several times about a new key. You have yet to reply. Alf Toy[/quote]

Alf
I respond to all emails recieved. I have no record of this. Please email me directly again and I will respond. I am currently away and will not be back in the office till thursday.

Jerry

Return to “MultiCharts”