Price chart distorted by extreme high or low value  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Filly

Price chart distorted by extreme high or low value

Postby Filly » 29 Jan 2015

Can anyone help me to understand why my charts periodically look like this? Reloading the data typically works for a minute, then usually once again, the price chart becomes unreadable again because the most recent bar's high or low gets changed to some rediculously extreme high or low value. I'm using MC64 9.0 release 4.

In the case shown below, both the open and the low prices are correct in the data window:
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(16.8 KiB) Downloaded 701 times

Filly

Re: Price chart distorted by extreme high or low value

Postby Filly » 30 Jan 2015

Here is another example from this morning. Everything is normal except the low for that distorted price bar is 1.39.

Does anyone else have this problem? The distortion is happening at unknown times/conditions, not just when initially loading data. And, reloading data usually doesn't fix it. It reloads the same.
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
(16.39 KiB) Downloaded 682 times

orion

Postby orion » 30 Jan 2015

So your first post about this happening on the most recent bar is not correct? It happens for arbitrary bars?

Filly

So your first post about this happening on the most recent bar is not correct? It happens for arbitrary bars?
I believe that it only happens on the first bar. As far as when a chart goes from normal to distorted, I don't know what conditions are making that happen.

orion

You have changed the story. You first post said it occurs on the most recent bar. Your last post says it occurs on first bar. The most recent bar is the last bar on chart. Which bar does it occur on?

Filly

You are right. It's the last bar. The photos tell the story.

orion

If you had a spike at (say) 10:30 and then new data arrives and the 10:35 bar forms. Is the new bar after the spike also a spike or do you get normal bars again? If you get normal bars again then this a spike in your data and has nothing to do with MC.

Filly

Re: Price chart distorted by extreme high or low value  [SOLVED]

I ran the Multicharts 64 installer's repair option. It seems to be back to normal, for now.

Return to “MultiCharts”