Session Templates gives strange errors  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
amadeu1

Session Templates gives strange errors

Postby amadeu1 » 30 Jan 2015

Lets say I have many charts with different markets and different session templates on each chart. When I then create new session templates it somehow changes the session templates in my old Workspaces.

Example: I have 10 different charts with 10 different markets and 10 different session templates on one workspace. And then I create 2-3 new session templates and load the workspace with the 10 markets again .... then it happens that a session template of the 10 markets has been exchanged for another session template .

Has anyone experienced this ?

TJ

Re: Session Templates gives strange errors

Postby TJ » 01 Feb 2015

Lets say I have many charts with different markets and different session templates on each chart. When I then create new session templates it somehow changes the session templates in my old Workspaces.

Example: I have 10 different charts with 10 different markets and 10 different session templates on one workspace. And then I create 2-3 new session templates and load the workspace with the 10 markets again .... then it happens that a session template of the 10 markets has been exchanged for another session template .

Has anyone experienced this ?
I am not sure if I follow you...

When you make a new session template, did you give it a new name?

Are you talking about Session Template? or Study Template?

amadeu1

Postby amadeu1 » 04 Feb 2015

I am talking about session templates. What i do is that i use 24 hour ascii mapping data in Quote Manager and then use different session templates in the charts. So I have a Tbond future session template and another one for S&P minis for example. Now i have 30 different Futures Market charts with different session templates on one workspace. If I create a new session template (lets say a new tbond template with different session start and session end times) it could often mess up my settings in one of my saved workspaces. So suddenly the Tbond chart has my EuroFX session template -- it was just exchanged randomly. Really strange issue and I dont even want to create any new session templates anymore because then i have to go over all my saved workspaces and check the settings

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Feb 2015

Hello amadeu1,

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely or send us (support@multicharts.com) the information for replicating it on our end:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis;
- instructions for replicating the issue.

amadeu1

This is a complaint - session templates

Postby amadeu1 » 10 Mar 2015

Months ago I told Multicharts that there is a major flaw in its software and it seems even in newest version there is no solution for it.

Lets suppose you create 100 charts with strategies attached and each market has its own session template.
Now when you add a new session template to the Quote Manager (Tools- session templates) all 100 charts suddenly have a different session template and you manually have to load the old session templates for each chart. This is very very annoying when you work with hundreds of charts and many different workspaces. Everytime I make changes (add or delete) to the custom session templates I need to check all my workspaces whether the session templates in the charts have changed.

This is an old problem and really you guys should fix that finally.

TJ

Re: This is a complaint - session templates

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2015

Months ago I told Multicharts that there is a major flaw in its software and it seems even in newest version there is no solution for it.
Lets suppose you create 100 charts with strategies attached and each market has its own session template.
Now when you add a new session template to the Quote Manager (Tools- session templates) all 100 charts suddenly have a different session template and you manually have to load the old session templates for each chart. This is very very annoying when you work with hundreds of charts and many different workspaces. Everytime I make changes (add or delete) to the custom session templates I need to check all my workspaces whether the session templates in the charts have changed.
This is an old problem and really you guys should fix that finally.
This is a basic operation, it should not be so weird. I am just curious about your "bug".

Here's the test I have just done:

1. I have created a new session template 900~1200 (QM>Tools>session templates),
2. In my existing wsp window with existing chart and default session, I created a new chart with the new session template.

Result: All my existing charts with their respective templates remain unchanged.

You must have a misstep somewhere.
I would suggest you to go online with the tech support to sort this out.

Attachments
2015-03-10 09.54.jpg
(152.84 KiB) Downloaded 1304 times

amadeu1

Thanks for the answer -- try 50 charts and do the same it eventually happens. Happens to a friend of mine also . Some charts keep the session template and some suddenly load different ones and some reset to default. Very random behaviour.

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2015

Thanks for the answer -- try 50 charts and do the same it eventually happens. Happens to a friend of mine also . Some charts keep the session template and some suddenly load different ones and some reset to default. Very random behaviour.
You probably have a memory leak.

How much RAM is in your computer?
What other software are you running?
Do you have Excel opened?

amadeu1

16 GB RAM - no excel open -- but even if excel is open it would be a bug

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2015

50 +1 charts
Attachments
2015-03-10 15.54.jpg
(654.68 KiB) Downloaded 1145 times

amadeu1

Really strange -- here this morning all was strange -- have you tried to delete a session template that is not used in your charts ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2015

... and yes, just for kicks, I deleted the test template that I made.

Nothing happened to any of the charts on my 2 monitor screens.

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Mar 2015

Really strange -- here this morning all was strange --
::
Is this a persistent problem? or a random problem?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Mar 2015

Hello amadeu1,

We have not heard anything from you since my last reply:
Hello amadeu1,

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 1 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior remotely or send us (support@multicharts.com) the information for replicating it on our end:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis;
- instructions for replicating the issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Session Templates gives strange errors  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jun 2015

This issue has been identified and resolved. The fix will appear in MultiCharts 9.0 Release 8.

Return to “MultiCharts”