new install and global variables  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
orion

new install and global variables

Postby orion » 03 Feb 2015

Some time back I deleted global variables and a number of other scripts from the PLE in all my installed licenses since I wanted to reduce the visual clutter and I figured I would not need the GVs given the global variables in the portfolio trader.

Turns out that was a mistake and I would like to use the GVs now to make the portfolio trader communicate with charts. The problem is that doing an uninstall, cleaning the registry, and doing a complete fresh install of the current 64b version from the web does not restore the GVs. I notice that while the GlobalVariable.dll is in its rightful folder, the DLLs named f_GVGetNamedDouble.dll and so on that are in the StudyServer folder in one of my even older installs on another machine are missing. So are the elf files in the StudyServer folder. Copy-pasting these into the StudyServer folders also did not fix the problem.

I noticed someone else on this thread had a similar problem where GVs that had been deleted could not be restored inspite of doing an uninstall and reinstall. The fix that they employed was to rollback to a prior version. This is not something I can do on the machines where I have my most current licenses since there is no older version to roll back to.

Questions:

1. Does the 64b version on the web have GVs or have they been removed? If they have been removed from the new 64b version that would address the mystery to why I am not getting them back with the new reinstall.

2. How do I restore the GVs?

Thanks.

orion

Re: new install and global variables

Postby orion » 04 Feb 2015

I checked with a new MC user who started with a new account, a new PC without any MC residue from past installs, and the GVs are missing on this user's install. So it seems that GVs have been removed from the latest 64b version. Can we get official word from MC?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 05 Feb 2015

Hello orion,

Please see my reply in post #8 of the topic you have mentioned above:
There is only a couple of GlobalVariable functions prebuilt (those that that are utilized by the prebuilt addons). You can find all Global Variables functions + documentation in the zip file attached to this post.

orion

Postby orion » 05 Feb 2015

Thanks Henry. Can you also confirm whether the global variable addons that used to be built into the official MC builds have indeed been removed from the latest build? Not a big deal if they have since I can install the zip file you pointed me to but it would be good to know answer to something that vexed me for hours.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: new install and global variables  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Feb 2015

We never had all of the GlobalVariable functions prebuilt. We only had 4 functions that are utilized by the prebuilt addons. In MultiCharts 9.0 Release 4 we have added copies of them to solve the behavior described in this post.

It was always required to import the functions from the mentioned zip file to get all of the GV functions.

Return to “MultiCharts”