Access to Strategy Positions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fx1

Access to Strategy Positions

Postby fx1 » 05 Feb 2015

Hi,

i am mc.net user but i am now interested to mc if this is possible:

imagine i run 20 charts/workspaces, i send all orders to trademanager as strategy position. I need a way to read all positions from all charts somehow without adding code to every single chart. Is this somehow possible with mc please?

I am planing kind of tradecopier..

thanks

JoshM

Re: Access to Strategy Positions

Postby JoshM » 05 Feb 2015

imagine i run 20 charts/workspaces, i send all orders to trademanager as strategy position. I need a way to read all positions from all charts somehow without adding code to every single chart. Is this somehow possible with mc please?
No, sorry. But perhaps with the MC-1497 - New Auto Trading and Backtesting engine, although I couldn't find such a case in that feature request's description, so perhaps MC Support can clarify.

(Isn't this the 10,000th MultiCharts topic btw? :) )

fx1

Postby fx1 » 09 Feb 2015

Josh, thanks for quick reply.
Can one of official moderators give me an answer too please? The answer will decide to purchase or not. thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 09 Feb 2015

I need a way to read all positions from all charts somehow without adding code to every single chart. Is this somehow possible with mc please?
Hello fx1,

There is no global storage for positions information that can be accessed from the PowerLanguage code. The only way to make charts communicate between each is to use Global Variables.

In MultiCharts .NET you can access positions information using TradeManager.

fx1

Postby fx1 » 09 Feb 2015

I am actually interested to strategy positions information globally. My main problem with GV issue is:

imagine i have 20 charts open and all 20 charts push strategy position information to GV. All fine, BUT once i remove the chart, this wont detected, the position sticks in GV. AFAIK there is no "deinit" constructor for EL to detect closing chart to cleanup.

Can you tell me quickly if this can be archived with .NET? I am lifetime user of .NET but i must dig into it to learn the concepts more.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Feb 2015

fx1,

Please refer to the information about MultiCharts .NET I have posted in my previous post.

Return to “MultiCharts”