Renaming Signals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MAtricks

Renaming Signals

Postby MAtricks » 10 Feb 2015

Rename a signal in the Editor. (right click Signal window>properties>rename)
Compile.
Look for signal in MC window.
Signal still has old name.

??

I tried renaming it back to its original name just so I could use it. Compiled and MC crashed.. Reopened MC and the editor had the old name Signal, but no code inside it... Neat!

Edit: I chatted with another developer and apparently they've run into a similar issue while using Save As. I haven't had this issue with Save As or Rename before.. but I guess it is there.

Conclusion: Create a new script with the new name and copy over code. Do not use Save As or Rename until this is fixed.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Bug - Renaming Signals

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Feb 2015

Rename a signal in the Editor. (right click Signal window>properties>rename)
Compile.
Look for signal in MC window.
Signal still has old name.
Are you referring to "Insert Signal window"?
Or you have the signal applied to a chart?
I tried renaming it back to its original name just so I could use it. Compiled and MC crashed.. Reopened MC and the editor had the old name Signal, but no code inside it... Neat!
What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you running? (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About)
Are you able to replicate this behavior in 100% cases?
Do you have a chart open with the signal applied while renaming it?

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 11 Feb 2015

MultiCharts64 Version 9.0 Release (Build 10173) There were a couple small updates recently that I haven't gotten to, but according to posted details, nothing relevant to this topic. I'll update now to make sure.

I right clicked the signals window in the editor (where the code is) to rename it.

No it was not applied to any charts.

I just tried to replicate it and now I'm seeing another suspicious issue. After compiling and saving indicator and signal code, they do not appear in MC. See this quick screen cast: http://screencast.com/t/Iq7R0HZFIwd

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 11 Feb 2015

I just did the update to the most recent MC version. These two pieces of test "code" are now lost.

Same bug is happening. I'll do a Teamviewer session with you because now it looks like something is corrupted.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Feb 2015

MAtricks,

Please make sure that both applications (MultiCharts and PowerLanguage Editor) are running either as administrator or not as administrator.

Return to “MultiCharts”