Expert commentary

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Expert commentary

Postby arjfca » 14 Feb 2015

Hello again

I want to start a new add-on to my indicator using" Expert commentary". Just don't really understand how to start the wheel.

Any one as a short code that I could study or explanation/ information on how you are use it.

Martin

RobinT

Re: Expert commentary

Postby RobinT » 16 Feb 2015

I was going to ask a question about expert commentary.

This reserved word sends the expression (or list of expressions) to the Analysis Commentary window for whatever bar is selected on the price chart.

How do you get commentary in the window irrespective of the bar selected. A bit like the print log Window. So I want a sequence of messages in the expert window like the enclosed picture.
tswin.JPG
(119.17 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

TJ

Postby TJ » 16 Feb 2015

Output Tab.jpg
(18.05 KiB) Downloaded 626 times

This reserved word sends the expression (or list of expressions) to the Analysis Commentary window for whatever bar is selected on the price chart.

How do you get commentary in the window irrespective of the bar selected. A bit like the print log Window. So I want a sequence of messages in the expert window like the enclosed picture.
The attachment tswin.JPG is no longer available
The print log window is the Output tab inside the PLE.

RobinT

thanks. any thoughts on the expert commentary window?

RobinT

also does Expert commentary work in a function ?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Feb 2015

Hello RobinT,

There is no way to do that. You need to write your own window and connect it using an external DLL.
also does Expert commentary work in a function ?
Yes, it does.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Feb 2015

Hello again

I want to start a new add-on to my indicator using" Expert commentary". Just don't really understand how to start the wheel.

Any one as a short code that I could study or explanation/ information on how you are use it.

Martin
Hello Martin,

You can find sample code for using the Expert Commentary here. Here is how to call the Expert Commentary window. All Expert Commentary reserved words can be found here.

Return to “MultiCharts”