order display in OPT

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
orion

order display in OPT

Postby orion » 19 Feb 2015

I have a couple of questions about the order display in OPT:

1. Some of my orders show the status as "Saved". I could not find what it means in this description of order status in wiki.

2. There was this post that said "MultiCharts waits for the order status from the broker to show it in MultiCharts." Does this also apply to orders whose status says "Sent" since the wiki description for Sent says "order was sent to broker plugin". In other words, even a "Sent" status means that order status has been received from the broker execution gateway before showing it in OPT?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: order display in OPT

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Feb 2015

Hello orion,

1) All "Transitional" and "Pending" orders receive "Saved" final status that when you disconnect the broker profile.

2) "Sent" can be both: "order was sent to broker plugin" and "order status has been received from the broker execution gateway".

orion

Postby orion » 20 Feb 2015

"Sent" can be both: "order was sent to broker plugin" and "order status has been received from the broker execution gateway".
Thanks for clarifying Henry. We have millisecond timestamps in the OPT and I want to understand exactly what they mean so that I can use them in my analytics. Is it safe to assume that when you say "Sent can be both" what you meant to say is "Sent is both". In typical usage, "can be" means "it may or may not be".

In other words, is it safe to assume that the timestamps in the Generated column for orders in OPT are timestamps for the order ack event from the broker API for all orders including Sent orders?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2015

"Sent" can be both: "order was sent to broker plugin" and "order status has been received from the broker execution gateway".
Thanks for clarifying Henry. We have millisecond timestamps in the OPT and I want to understand exactly what they mean so that I can use them in my analytics. Is it safe to assume that when you say "Sent can be both" what you meant to say is "Sent is both". In typical usage, "can be" means "it may or may not be".

In other words, is it safe to assume that the timestamps in the Generated column for orders in OPT are timestamps for the order ack event from the broker API for all orders including Sent orders?
Hello orion,

Which broker do you use?

orion

Postby orion » 24 Feb 2015

Henry, from your question it sounds like this timestamp in OPT is broker dependent? I currently use IB but I am also planning to use some CQG FCMs in near future.

orion

Postby orion » 23 Mar 2015

Henry, I am still looking to get answers to questions in post #3. Can you please respond. Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Mar 2015

Hello orion,

Sorry for the delay in responding. The timestamps in the Generated column for orders in OPT are timestamps when the order was generated in MultiCharts. The timestamp does not reflect the order ack event from the broker API.

Return to “MultiCharts”