IQFeed symbol settings

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
orion

IQFeed symbol settings

Postby orion » 21 Feb 2015

When I add symbols for IQFeed using the 'From Data Source' in QM, the symbol settings for MinMove, PriceScale, and BigPointValue are not set correctly; unlike adding symbols from TS and Interactive Brokers. Is this because IQ does not provide these symbol settings in its symbol lookup database or is it because I have something not configured right? Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: IQFeed symbol settings

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 23 Feb 2015

Hello orion,

If you are using a futures instrument - please make sure the symbol root for the instrument you have added exists in the Symbol Dictionary for IQFeed and has the correct settings.

orion

Postby orion » 23 Feb 2015

If you are using a futures instrument - please make sure the symbol root for the instrument you have added exists in the Symbol Dictionary for IQFeed and has the correct settings.
Thanks Henry. I had cleaned out the symbol dictionary for IQ to reduce the clutter. I can add the roots back in for symbols I need. The symbol dictionary roots are not needed for symbol settings for TS and IB. So IQ works differently?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Feb 2015

Thanks Henry. I had cleaned out the symbol dictionary for IQ to reduce the clutter. I can add the roots back in for symbols I need. The symbol dictionary roots are not needed for symbol settings for TS and IB. So IQ works differently?
Orion,

IQFeed does not provide instrument settings via API, therefore the settings are read from the symbol dictionary.

orion

Postby orion » 24 Feb 2015

Thanks. That cleared up the mystery. Now I know that there is this difference amongst datafeeds.

Return to “MultiCharts”