Quote Manager Issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Thomas Mann

Quote Manager Issue

Postby Thomas Mann » 25 Feb 2008

Hi,
I was wondering if someone could explain to me why the quote manager woudl reload data it already has. I shut down Saturday, and all of my charts showed the last bar on Friday's close. I opened the charts up yesterday afternoon and the charts still looked the same. I left MC run till this am. I then immediately shut down MC and rebooted my PC for the trading day today. After it booted back up I opened the charts back up. This reboot took all of 3 m ins to do. Now MC is backfilling all my charts and requesting data for 15 days back. It already had this data so why would it try to reload it ?
thanks

Thomas Mann

Locked Process ?

Postby Thomas Mann » 26 Feb 2008

Hi,
In reference to why QM has to reload data it already has, I also notice that if it is trying to get history tick data from IB it seems to lock out the history feed from opentick. Is the threads sequential in downloading data , and how does QM handle a error from one feed if it gets no response or slow responses ?
Thanks

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 29 Feb 2008

I was wondering if someone could explain to me why the quote manager woudl reload data it already has.
It doesn’t until you initiate reload by Cltr+R or reload command.

I shut down Saturday, and all of my charts showed the last bar on Friday's close. I opened the charts up yesterday afternoon and the charts still looked the same. I left MC run till this am. I then immediately shut down MC and rebooted my PC for the trading day today. After it booted back up I opened the charts back up. This reboot took all of 3 m ins to do. Now MC is backfilling all my charts and requesting data for 15 days back. It already had this data so why would it try to reload it ?
It is misunderstanding.
MultiCharts backfills data for period when it was turned off. If you restart MultiCharts it will have to download data for 1 minute period of your restart. It may take up to 3 minutes if IB doesn’t return data quickly. You will never see such problems with eSignal, because it is simpler faster and it looks like it doesn’t download needed periods, but actually it does.

You can take a look at QuoteManager log and make sure that there were no requests for the 15 day period.

Hi,
In reference to why QM has to reload data it already has, I also notice that if it is trying to get history tick data from IB it seems to lock out the history feed from opentick. Is the threads sequential in downloading data , and how does QM handle a error from one feed if it gets no response or slow responses ?
Thanks

All data feeds work independently.
We need to see your QuoteManager logs to get clear picture of the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”