Code sample of stored + to - cycle array values ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Sky

Code sample of stored + to - cycle array values ?

Postby Sky » 29 Mar 2015

Hi all. I am trying to get some direction for some code samples to follow (not a coder by profession...but can get by with some example formats).

The values I am trying to compare are pulled off of time frame bars.

The values cycle through a Positive half cycle to a Negative half cycle and each half cycle has an unknown number of bars.

The bars required will have a set number from the emini market open to close, so I assume a controlled dynamic array can be used, or a standard array with, say 100 indexes for 5 minute bars for example.

Then the arrays will have to be cleared and reset for continued cycles once the values from the 1st complete cycle are captured for storage in another array for use in calculations. And this cycling continues from market open to close, so cycle, store the positive half cycle and pass to "storage array-index 1", then store the negative half cycle and pass to "storage array-index 1", clear and reset the "positive and negative cycle" arrays and continue the process for the day.

Any direction to such an indicator or code example would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Return to “MultiCharts”