How to remote Multicharts ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxmax68

How to remote Multicharts ?

Postby maxmax68 » 18 Apr 2015

Hi,
Please, could you explain to me how to remote Multicharts?
On this topic I am a novice so any explanation at a basic level would be welcome.
I would like to put on a remote server Multicharts + T3 Open WeBank and access to that server from home, office, or via the mobile, to check if the signal on the chart is working properly.
What do you suggest to do?
Thanks
Massimo

MAtricks

Re: How to remote Multicharts ?

Postby MAtricks » 19 Apr 2015

First step is to get a remote server. Once you have that, you will be using RDP or a similar tool which will be explained in your remote server setup. Install MC and other needed plugins onto this server.

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 19 Apr 2015

Look for a Windows Server 2012R2 VPS somewhere near Milan. A windows 2008 server will also work but I personally prefer using 2012R2.

Make sure you choose a service provider that is as close to you as possible. You can get some idea of your latency by using ping, tracert or other similar tools. If you live in Italy and your broker is in Milan then you should get decent results from any VPS in northern Europe and even the UK. I connect to a server in the UK from Malta using a tool called mRemoteNG and the experience is excellent.

If you are running an automated strategy then a VPS can solve a number of problems. Windows RDP is pretty amazing. It has changed the way I work.

If you run a lot strategies on many instruments then you might consider a dedicated server as opposed to a VPS. Check how much memory and CPU Multicharts is using and decide if a dedicated machine is necessary.

Alex

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 19 Apr 2015

Thank you Alex and MAtricks,
now I will try to understand what RDP and VPS are.
Regards
Massimo

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Apr 2015

Thank you Alex and MAtricks,
now I will try to understand what RDP and VPS are.
Regards
Massimo
Go to youtube and search for "Windows Server 2012R2",
there are lots of lessons, reviews, and instructions.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 19 Apr 2015

Are you going to be trading Futures, Equities, FX? I can recommend a few good server providers if I know the answer to that question.

2012 or 2008 are fine. I have both. 2008 is more user friendly :)

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 19 Apr 2015

I am going to trade the italian future FTSEMIB via T3 Open a java platform of an italian broker (WeBank).
I use Multicharts both for semiautomatic then automatic trading.
When I leave the office I would like to be able to control if the strategy is correctly working, and eventually to operate.
For now I tried to use Teamviewer to connect with my office computer running the strategy and it worked, but I understand it can be a little bit trivial method.

Return to “MultiCharts”