EL syntax question  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
coolmoss

EL syntax question

Postby coolmoss » 29 Apr 2015

In Multicharts with EasyLanguage, what is the correct syntax to access the cumulative volume delta? In particular, I want to find the cumulative delta for the prior 'n' bars.

Thanks for your help.

JoshM

Re: EL syntax question  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 30 Apr 2015

In Multicharts with EasyLanguage, what is the correct syntax to access the cumulative volume delta? In particular, I want to find the cumulative delta for the prior 'n' bars.
This isn't possible with PowerLanguage. There's an unreviewed feature request for it here: Access to Cumulative Delta Volume and Bid / Ask Data in Power Language.

coolmoss

Re: EL syntax question

Postby coolmoss » 30 Apr 2015

Thank you Josh, really appreciate the info. Do you happen to know if it's possible using MC.net? Also, is the straight per bar delta value accessable via EL or C#? That way I could just sum up the delta for some number of bars.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 30 Apr 2015

Do you happen to know if it's possible using MC.net?
There's some documentation about it here and a code example here.
Also, is the straight per bar delta value accessable via EL or C#? That way I could just sum up the delta for some number of bars.
Volume delta is only available in MC .NET, I'm afraid.

coolmoss

Postby coolmoss » 30 Apr 2015

Josh, thank you very much for your help.

I don't mind .net, I actually prefer it. The problem is I can't find any documentation:( I'm fairly comfortable with C# in NT, but I need something to start from.

Anyway, do you know, or can you direct me to a link that shows what the .net syntax in MC would be to access volume delta?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 May 2015

Josh, thank you very much for your help.

I don't mind .net, I actually prefer it. The problem is I can't find any documentation:( I'm fairly comfortable with C# in NT, but I need something to start from.

Anyway, do you know, or can you direct me to a link that shows what the .net syntax in MC would be to access volume delta?
Hello coolmoss,

Here is the documentation and examples for accessing this type of data: Volume Profile, Example 1, Example 2.

coolmoss

Postby coolmoss » 01 May 2015

Thank you Henry. This is interesting but not what I was asking about. Your info is on Volume Profile. I need info (preferably an example) of Volume Delta (also known as volume breakdown, buy volume, sell volume).

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 04 May 2015

Thank you Henry. This is interesting but not what I was asking about. Your info is on Volume Profile. I need info (preferably an example) of Volume Delta (also known as volume breakdown, buy volume, sell volume).
coolmoss,

Volume Profile and Volume Delta are built out of the same data but using different algorithms. As I have said - the documentation and examples are for accessing *this type of data*, which you can utilize/study/modify according to your specific needs.

coolmoss

Postby coolmoss » 04 May 2015

Henry,

Nothing in those examples provides direct information on my question. I spent over an hour trying to look and figure out what is being presented in those examples. If it's in there, I don't understand it, and I'm a fairly decent programmer.

I would love to purchase Multicharts, but can't if such a simple question can't be answered in a direct way:(

Return to “MultiCharts”