Web based strategy monitoring with charting?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Web based strategy monitoring with charting?

Postby hughesfleming » 01 May 2015

I am looking for ways to collect signals from different strategies sometimes running on different computers, build a trade list and publish some simple statistics or chart equity curves / drawdown. Perhaps nothing more than a five day Monday- Friday trading summary of all the strategies.

I doubt there is anything off the shelf that could do this but I am wondering if anyone has attempted to so something similar? I have looked at Collective2 but that is not what I am looking for. I am just interested in a live summary page that did not require remote access to a server running Multicharts to download a trading performance report for each strategy.

All opinions welcome,

Alex

Edit: I found these charting options...

http://www.sitepoint.com/15-best-javasc ... libraries/

This might not be so difficult after all.

hughesfleming

Re: Web based strategy monitoring with charting?  [SOLVED]

Postby hughesfleming » 01 May 2015

Made some progress. I know what I have to do. I will post details when I am further along.

The idea was to automatically upload trade data to a web server and generate a chart showing how a strategy is progressing through the week without having to RDP into the live server to retrieve the data. The output would be similar to the attached chart which is from one automated strategy I am running.

Alex
Attachments
ES Live Trades.JPG
(76.67 KiB) Downloaded 472 times

hughesfleming

Re: Web based strategy monitoring with charting?

Postby hughesfleming » 02 May 2015

Discovered Tableau desktop...what a great tool.

You can create charts like this once you have your trade data exported. This one shows clearly how the profitability of my strategy has been heavily weighted to two weeks in January.

This is much better than anything I could do so I won't be looking any further.
Attachments
Tableau.JPG
(74.37 KiB) Downloaded 477 times

Return to “MultiCharts”