Multicharts and Jigsaw tools integration? When?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

Multicharts and Jigsaw tools integration? When?

Postby arnie » 05 May 2015

Will it be possible in the near future to see Jigsaw tools integrated within MC?

Jigsaw is now available in SC, NT, and also OEC platform, namely Stage5.
It would be great if MC could allow Jigsaw integration.

We would have this way the best charting program in the market with the best DOM in the market.

ABC

Re: Multicharts and Jigsaw tools integration? When?

Postby ABC » 05 May 2015

In my opinion the main obstacle is that the depth of market in Multicharts is only provided as snapshot (besides it being only available from broker data). At least the one that you can obtain programmatically. This makes it impossible to detect all book changes.
For example a cancel and add on one level within a snapshot interval would leave you not knowing what sizes actually changed.

One would have to do a study on how big the differences actually are compared to event driven book updates that some competitors provide. Maybe the differences are neglect able.

Regards,
ABC

arnie

Re: Multicharts and Jigsaw tools integration? When?

Postby arnie » 05 May 2015

That means MC needs to make changes in the way they collect data do accommodate Jigsaw needs?
There's a video showing Jigsaw connected to NT using IQFeed data to power it.
Jigsaw collects the data it needs from a chart. After installation, Jigsaw is merely a couple of indicators to be plotted on a chart.
So if Multicharts is able to power footprint charts, as far as I know, that is the same data Jigsaw uses, apart from its own calculations regarding their snapshots column.
I don't think MC really needs to change anything apart of giving access to Jigsaw so the tools get installed and accessed directly from within MC.

I assume Jigsaw has some sort of mapping built in so we can give orders directly from it since there's 2 Jigsaw versions, the Live one and the standard that does not allow live trading, only Sim.

One of the great things I discovered when changed to Stage5 broker is that I can be on one PC trading with Jigsaw and have on another PC Multicharts charts also connected to the same account. I can give an order with Jigsaw and manage the same on MC, something that IB wouldn't allow.

Return to “MultiCharts”