Problem with Percent Trailing function?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
mattyham

Problem with Percent Trailing function?

Postby mattyham » 06 May 2015

I have been running a strategy that uses the "Stop Loss" and "Percent Trailing" signals that come with MC64 for TWS (Version 8.9). I am finding that the Stop Loss signal always enters orders as expected, but the Percent Trailing does not always work properly. For example, yesterday I had a trade in the overnight session (entered around 2:00 am EST) where the Percent Trailing order should have been entered at about 4:00 am EST, but it was not. I checked the order log and there was no evidence that the system tried to enter the order. Later that morning I had a trade that entered around 11:45 am EST and the Percent Trailing was properly submitted and triggered around 12:30 pm.

Could this be a margin problem (i.e. my broker won't accept the Percent Trailing order because I would have too many open orders and would thus exceed my margin limit)? If so, how can I make an exit strategy that replaces the Stop Loss order with a Percent Trailing order so that I would have only one open stop order at a given time?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Problem with Percent Trailing function?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 May 2015

Hello mattyham,

If the order is not present in File->New->Order and position Tracker->Orders tab then it was not generated by the strategy, which means order generation conditions in the code were not met. Broker can reject orders due to insufficient margin only when the order was generated and sent, which is not your case. Please verify order generation conditions in your code: Why an Order Was or Was Not Executed. If you have incorporated "Percent Trailing" signal logic into your own code - please make sure the percent trading command is not under an IF statement.

Return to “MultiCharts”