Tick chart problems - Database Start time

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
hughesfleming

Tick chart problems - Database Start time

Postby hughesfleming » 08 May 2015

I thought I had solved my tick chart problems by inconveniently having to copy the database from my local development computer to the remote server. This is not working out to be a really workable solution to the problem for the long term.

Last night my local machine crashed and a couple of weeks ago the remote machine reset unexpectedly. The ticks went out of sync on both occasions and it takes a lot of time to get things sorted out.

I am using price action patterns and some filtering for entries so the order of the candles is important. The overall characteristics of the strategy results don't change much but they should not change at all. I should see exactly the same results from computer to computer or be able to restore what I saw from last night without having to copy back the database from the remote server.

I really don't understand why if we are using a fixed starting date, lets say 01/01/2015 and the same session template and exchange time as default, Multicharts can't seem to generate a 10000 tick chart that looks the same on two different computers using the same datafeed. How does this work because I can't seem to get a stable repeatable setup with non time bars?

Between this problem and the pending CME MDP3.0 protocol changes, logging off and going to do something else is becoming more tempting.

Honestly, two computers with the same strategy, settings and datafeed should give the exactly the same results but this does not seem to be the case for me over the a last few months. I have brought this up before so am assuming that there is no solution. Hopefully I am mistaken.

regards to all,

Alex

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Tick chart problems - Database Start time

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 08 May 2015

Hello Alex,

Are you using the same login/account on both PCs?
Have you tried reloading the data?

hughesfleming

Postby hughesfleming » 08 May 2015

Hi Henry,

I am using separate login accounts so that should not be the cause. I think I just need to be more aggressive with my backups. I will export the tick data at the end of every week from now on. If the problem happens again, I will at least be able to see what is going on and provide a better explanation.

Have a good weekend,

Alex

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 May 2015

Hello Alex,

Please reload the data on both PCs and compare the data. That is possible that different data is being provided to different accounts.

Return to “MultiCharts”