Incorrect Order Connecting Lines  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
MC_Prog

Incorrect Order Connecting Lines

Postby MC_Prog » 29 May 2015

Hi.

I am observing that MC is no longer drawing order connecting lines correctly.

Attached is a picture taken when I am actually flat.

The two orders shown should have been connected with a line, indicating the Buy at 1246.7 as the exit of the position, not the entry of a new position.

MC became confused about this days ago when I used TWS to directly exit a position in the overnight.

So, at some level, MC thinks I'm long right now, but I am not.

How can I correct this?
Attachments
MC_Incorrect_Order_Matching_Lines_01.png
I'm actually flat here!
(26.35 KiB) Downloaded 1099 times

tony

Re: Incorrect Order Connecting Lines

Postby tony » 29 May 2015

I believe your initial order which sounds like a short entry, should have stated "sellshort" not "sell." And your buy should have been "buytocover" to exit the short. Looking at your screenshot, the "sell" also shows a red connecting line which would indicate you had been long and exited for a loss and the buy order was going from flat to now MP>1

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2015

Hello MC_Prog,

MultiCharts stores each order that was sent from the platform in Order and Position Tracker Orders tab. It can also receive orders placed from the other applications to your broker account if this information is provided by your broker, MultiCharts is running and the broker profile is connected.

The range of orders shown on the chart and included in the Trading Performance Report depends on the chart data range.

MultiCharts uses your actual broker position and replays the OPT orders backwards. As the result we get the initial position. If this calculated initial position does not match with the actual locally stored historical position for the chart's first bar date - a synthetic order to display the correct report will be added. Such order will have "Position matching" name in Signal column @ List of Trades of the report. The connecting lines on the chart link the orders based on the report.

There is no way to edit the orders history to add the missing order. You can try changing the chart's data range to find a value that will produce the proper report. Or just plot a chart since your position became flat. That is also possible to delete all of the Order and Position Tracker Orders tab entries to start anew.

MC_Prog

What is the procedure to completely start over (assuming I no longer care about reporting/charting the past)?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Incorrect Order Connecting Lines  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 29 May 2015

MC_Prog,

You need to delete the following folder while all MultiCharts processes are closed:
%allusersprofile%\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TradingCenter\

MC_Prog

OK, thanks. I will do that.

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 30 May 2015

I have deleted %allusersprofile%\TS Support\MultiCharts64\TradingCenter\ as suggested and that did indeed resync and fix things going forward. Thanks!

MC_Prog

Postby MC_Prog » 30 May 2015

It can also receive orders placed from the other applications to your broker account if this information is provided by your broker, MultiCharts is running and the broker profile is connected.
Regarding the above, when the broker is IB and the application is Standalone TWS, would this be one of the cases where MC currently will receive an externally placed order and save and track it correctly ?

As a matter of reference, my problem may have arisen because I did not have MC running at the time I placed the exit order in TWS. I'm not 100% sure about this, but now I know what to pay attention to going forward.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 01 Jun 2015

It can also receive orders placed from the other applications to your broker account if this information is provided by your broker, MultiCharts is running and the broker profile is connected.
Regarding the above, when the broker is IB and the application is Standalone TWS, would this be one of the cases where MC currently will receive an externally placed order and save and track it correctly ?
Hello MC_Prog,

In order to receive all orders placed from TWS and other trading apps connected to it - please set the ClientID to "0" in your IB Broker Profile.

Return to “MultiCharts”