Seeking feedback - CQG vs Rithmic  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
nmackwani

Seeking feedback - CQG vs Rithmic

Postby nmackwani » 12 Jun 2015

I currently use Multicharts64 with CQG as data feed, my broker is AMP.

Given the recent problems with MC/CQG (in April and again today with no historical backfill), I am thinking of switching to Rithmic data feed.

Anyone tried both, and can tell which one they prefer?

Appears to me that technical issues are more frequent with CQG feed. Rithmic seems to be a more stable solution. Not sure about how they compare in terms of latency and data integrity. Downside with rithmic is that they do not have tick-level historical data (at least for all of the major markets, from what I know), while CQG has several years back.

Appreciate your feedback and experience.

Thanks.

MAtricks

Re: Seeking feedback - CQG vs Rithmic  [SOLVED]

Postby MAtricks » 12 Jun 2015

Rithmic is faster, cleaner, better quality, and much more reliable *while using Multicharts*. And cheaper.. if that matters. CQG has been a bit of a liability *while using Multicharts* since day 1.

The limited historical tick data is annoying, but there are ways around that :)

tony

Re: Seeking feedback - CQG vs Rithmic

Postby tony » 12 Jun 2015

IQ for data and Rithmic for trading. I cannot say enough great things about Rithmic. Best one word to describe them is seamless. As long as you have Rithmic then who your broker is to an extent is meaningless unless you keep a bit of cash with them in which case who they clear through is pretty important.

If you are serious about your trading then I would pay a little for data and get what you need. It's not much money each month. $95 for IQ for example.

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 12 Jun 2015

I have to disagree with you on IQ feed. Other sources (they will remain unnamed here) are MUCH easier to work with and either free or cheaper.

nmackwani

Postby nmackwani » 12 Jun 2015

Thank you for the feedback, very useful. I have asked my broker to be setup for rithmic. Will try it for a while to see how it goes.

JoshM

Postby JoshM » 13 Jun 2015

I have to disagree with you on IQ feed. Other sources (they will remain unnamed here) are MUCH easier to work with and either free or cheaper.
Which sources? If you mean MultiCharts-compatible data feeds, I cannot think of others. eSignal perhaps, but that's not much easier to work with (in my view).

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 13 Jun 2015

Which sources? If you mean MultiCharts-compatible data feeds, I cannot think of others. eSignal perhaps, but that's not much easier to work with (in my view).
Hey Josh :) It's been a while!

Well, if you have Rithmic for live data, all you need from another provider is historical data. Think of all those providers who offer free or cheap delayed historical data :) I've use/used them all and IQ is the most annoying by quite the long shot imo.

tony

Postby tony » 13 Jun 2015

Not sure how IQ is annoying to be truthful. But everyone has their opinions. Regardless the topic was primarily about trade execution and I believe Rithmic is the overwhelming winner on that side of the trade.

waveslider

Postby waveslider » 17 Jun 2015

Since MC has stabilized and internalized its connection to CQG, I have had virtually no issues. Rithmic has also been great, just saying that CQG interacting with MC is better than it was

nmackwani

Postby nmackwani » 17 Jun 2015

Since MC has stabilized and internalized its connection to CQG, I have had virtually no issues. Rithmic has also been great, just saying that CQG interacting with MC is better than it was

Well... as of today end of business day, there are historical backfill that are not fixed for some markets. Have been in contact with MC to get it fixed.

Also learned that Rithmic unfortunately does not provide datafeed for some futures contract that I trade (CAC40 futures with monthly maturity). At least not that I know. CQG does provide them.

Return to “MultiCharts”