no luck with ASCII mapping

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
virginiatrader

no luck with ASCII mapping

Postby virginiatrader » 01 Mar 2008

To all:

I am trying to use ASCII-format data in MC 3.0. I download EOD data from Pinnacle and use it in Metastock in MS format, and the Pinnacle software will also generate ASCII for the same futures contracts.

I run MC Quote Manager, am told that the ASCII data has been mapped, I then import the ASCII data, am told the import was successful, open a new chart window for the futures data, and then the chart window says that there is no data.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

virginiatrader

brodnicki steven

Re: no luck with ASCII mapping

Postby brodnicki steven » 02 Mar 2008

To all:

I am trying to use ASCII-format data in MC 3.0. I download EOD data from Pinnacle and use it in Metastock in MS format, and the Pinnacle software will also generate ASCII for the same futures contracts.

I run MC Quote Manager, am told that the ASCII data has been mapped, I then import the ASCII data, am told the import was successful, open a new chart window for the futures data, and then the chart window says that there is no data.

Any help is appreciated in advance.

virginiatrader
I remember that I had the same problem, I think I solved it by creating the symbol first, then importing the data. (rather than trying to import the symbol and data together)

virginiatrader

ASCII import

Postby virginiatrader » 02 Mar 2008

Hey, sptrader:

Thanks for the reply. My symbols are already there, as part of the data download process. I see all 89 of them in Quote Manager, in the Futures category and the Undefined exchange list, since this data is for historical continuous contracts.

Everything seems to go fine until I want to create a chart, then I get the NO DATA thing.

Regards,

virginiatrader

brodnicki steven

Re: ASCII import

Hey, sptrader:

Thanks for the reply. My symbols are already there, as part of the data download process. I see all 89 of them in Quote Manager, in the Futures category and the Undefined exchange list, since this data is for historical continuous contracts.

Everything seems to go fine until I want to create a chart, then I get the NO DATA thing.

Regards,

virginiatrader
Try deleting one of the symbols and adding it manually(don't import it) with no data, then import the ascii data into that symbol. I think that was what worked for me.

virginiatrader

Postby virginiatrader » 02 Mar 2008

sptrader, you are the BOMB!

Worked like a charm!!

Many thanks,

virginiatrader

brodnicki steven

sptrader, you are the BOMB!

Worked like a charm!!

Many thanks,

virginiatrader