Close Two Ticks Back  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Close Two Ticks Back

Postby tony » 24 Jun 2015

I understand how to determine the close on the previous tick but am curious about the close two ticks back. Can anyone shed any insight on how to approach this.

Right now I have a variable = close which is placed at the end of my script AFTER the final end; and that value is held as "previous close" for the next script calculation on the next tick. But I was trying to do the same but for two ticks prior.

TJ

Re: Close Two Ticks Back  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 24 Jun 2015

I understand how to determine the close on the previous tick but am curious about the close two ticks back. Can anyone shed any insight on how to approach this.

Right now I have a variable = close which is placed at the end of my script AFTER the final end; and that value is held as "previous close" for the next script calculation on the next tick. But I was trying to do the same but for two ticks prior.

Code: Select all

T2 = T1;
T1 = T0;
T0 = C;

tony

Re: Close Two Ticks Back

Postby tony » 24 Jun 2015

Thanks TJ. I had been approaching this a different way. Took me a few to wrap my head around your solution and then felt like half an ass for not realizing immediately. Much appreciated and very simple solution.

TJ

Re: Close Two Ticks Back

Postby TJ » 24 Jun 2015

Thanks TJ. I had been approaching this a different way. Took me a few to wrap my head around your solution and then felt like half an ass for not realizing immediately. Much appreciated and very simple solution.

Simple solutions are the best solutions. :-)
Most of us overthink the problem.

Return to “MultiCharts”