Multicharts 9.0 very dissapointing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
robertwh

Multicharts 9.0 very dissapointing

Postby robertwh » 24 Jun 2015

Hi:
I installed Multicharts 9.0 and I am very disappointed with it, I got many error messages like this:
"Market Data farm connection is broken :usfarm.us" , I have never gotten this kind of messages in the past wit Multicharts 8.0, I noticed that after I installed with Multicharts 9.0, I started receiving these kind of messages, in addition I got Memory error messages too, even if my desktop has 32 GB of RAM, Windows 8.1 OS, that is crazy, MC 9.0 must have issues.

I asked Interactive brokers about stream data issues and they say everything is working well as usual.

So what is wrong with MC 9.0. Help!!

Thanks

tony

Re: Multicharts 9.0 very dissapointing

Postby tony » 24 Jun 2015

Have MC remote in and help you out. MC9 was seamless for me. Click here to open a live chat and have them remote in - http://messenger.providesupport.com/mes ... pport.html

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2015

Hello robertwh,

There is nothing wrong with MultiCharts. “Market data farm connection is broken” message is coming from IB and per IB support it means that TWS has lost connection to the servers (either Internet problem or server problem). Based on our experience you can simply ignore these messages as the connection continues to operate normally.
These messages were always present in the QuoteManager Event Log. Since MultiCharts 9.0 they appear in a popup window. There will be an option to disable them in MultiCharts 9.1.

As for the memory popup - this feature was also added in MultiCharts 9.0: “Now a user will get a notification if the physical memory of the system is going to end”. An alert is triggered when physical memory usage reaches 90%. If you want to adjust the value you can change the value of PhysicalMemory key in Registry Editor (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TS Support\MultiCharts64\MemoryMonitor). If you want to disable it – you need to set PhysicalMemory = 0. The value will come into effect after restarting all MultiCharts processes.
There are no known memory leaks in the current Release version of MultiCharts 9.0, so if any process is utilizing an increased amount of RAM on your PC - please let us know.

TCust

Postby TCust » 25 Jun 2015

I see too many time “Market data farm connection is broken”, if download data from IB.

Maybe increase interval request from IB, how I understand now 3 sec, to 5 sec ?

Or create registry key for manual user experiment and change !

https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/s ... ations.htm
Attachments
MC_Data.png
(28.41 KiB) Downloaded 760 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 25 Jun 2015

I see too many time “Market data farm connection is broken”, if download data from IB. Maybe increase interval request from IB, how I understand now 3 sec, to 5 sec ?
Please see Interactive Brokers Pacing Violation.

TCust

Henry in links from IB

The following conditions can cause a pacing violation:

Making identical historical data requests within 15 seconds;

------------------

May be If " pacing violation " increase interval to 15..16 sec ? See screenshot your interval 2 sec.

I really many time randomize see ( not all time, but many time ) " connection broken " if download more ticker's.
Attachments
MC_Data3.PNG
(22.07 KiB) Downloaded 771 times
Last edited by TCust on 25 Jun 2015, edited 1 time in total.

TCust

Now I have 150 damaged ticker's with history, after incorrect shutdown MC or " connection broken " in TWS.

And you not have elementary "Download period" function in QM.
Attachments
MC_Data2.PNG
(69.19 KiB) Downloaded 795 times

Return to “MultiCharts”