Is it possible to plot cancelled orders?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

Is it possible to plot cancelled orders?

Postby arnie » 26 Jun 2015

During the weekend I like to review all my trades on a chart and I really feel that I'm missing a lot by not seeing also the cancelled orders.
I cancel a lot of orders, some the market run from me and are never hit, others I simply don't like what is happening but then, when it's time to review things I never know if the orders that I pulled (ie. the reading I did at the time) was correct or not.

So question is, is it possible in the near future we see historical cancelled order plotted on the charts the same way we can see the executed ones?

Regards.

tony

Re: Is it possible to plot cancelled orders?

Postby tony » 26 Jun 2015

Can't you run a backtest for the period you are studying and then your "cancelled" orders are those that are on the chart and not in your broker statement or other trade journal?

arnie

Postby arnie » 26 Jun 2015

Can't you run a backtest for the period you are studying and then your "cancelled" orders are those that are on the chart and not in your broker statement or other trade journal?
I was talking about discretionary trading.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Jun 2015

During the weekend I like to review all my trades on a chart and I really feel that I'm missing a lot by not seeing also the cancelled orders.
I cancel a lot of orders, some the market run from me and are never hit, others I simply don't like what is happening but then, when it's time to review things I never know if the orders that I pulled (ie. the reading I did at the time) was correct or not.

So question is, is it possible in the near future we see historical cancelled order plotted on the charts the same way we can see the executed ones?

Regards.

Sure... just set up the trade log in a database,
then write an indicator to plot from those data points.

You can use the "Economic Event" indicator as a reference.

Return to “MultiCharts”