Slippage saver, Brokers prices

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
jondo

Slippage saver, Brokers prices

Postby jondo » 17 Jul 2015

Hello,

Do you have any tip how to save slippages from real-time trading to external txt file? Situation is getting complicated if more strategies are trading one symbol, so you cant use functions "avgentryprice_at_broker" etc. It is absolutely clear that you can save close values where you are entering/exiting based on back-tested results (intended entries), but to get brokerage price? Does also similar function exist for exit price?

Thank you very much,
John

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Slippage saver, Brokers prices

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2015

Hello John,

That is possible to export values to a file using Print or FileAppend reserved words.

Please see the Strategy Position Trades reserved words for receiving the actual fill price from broker.

jondo

Postby jondo » 21 Jul 2015

Hi, yes, I am aware of these functions. I know how to export from Easylanguge, but the problem is how to get exact brokers prices (filled price). What functions to use?

entryprice = not possible because this function doesn't return brokers price
avgentryprice_at_broker = not possible because of more strategies trading on one ticker

Thank you,

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2015

As I have already said above - you need to check the Strategy Position Trades reserved words for receiving the actual fill price from broker:
PosTradeEntryPrice - Returns an absolute numerical value, indicating the execution price of trade entry order.
PosTradeExitPrice - Returns an absolute numerical value, indicating the execution price of trade exit order.

Return to “MultiCharts”