Server for dom simulation  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
strelow

Server for dom simulation

Postby strelow » 18 Jul 2015

There is any documentation explain how configurate simulation server in Dom? I did but even say I am connected and that spot indication is green I can't find any instrument to see.I tried too demo license for server but only knowing user and pass there are other info like patch server that I don't know.

arnie

Re: Server for dom simulation

Postby arnie » 20 Jul 2015

There is any documentation explain how configurate simulation server in Dom? I did but even say I am connected and that spot indication is green I can't find any instrument to see.I tried too demo license for server but only knowing user and pass there are other info like patch server that I don't know.
Which broker do you use for feed? Despite you're in simulation mode you need to connect to your broker so it can feed the DOM.
After the connection is done just write the symbol you want to trade. If you want to trade ES you should write something similar to ESU5. You need to know the symbols your broker uses for each instrument.

sptrader

Postby sptrader » 20 Jul 2015

If you can't see the "Instrument" in the Dom, you have to switch to "full Mode", the left most box in the top right corner of the Dom, allows you to switch from compact mode to full mode..just click on it with your mouse to change it...

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 20 Jul 2015

Hello strelow,

Paper Trader utilizes the realtime data stream from your data provider. The instruments present in the database for your data provider will be available for the Paper Trader broker profile.

Please go to MultiCharts->File->Broker profiles->Manage broker profiles ->New->Paper Trader.
In the appeared window please select the data source you need, add multiple accounts if required and configure the execution delay settings.
Click Ok and connect the Paper Trader broker profile.

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for auto trading you need to go to Format->Strategy Properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the Paper Trader profile->go to Settings-> select the account you need. You need to do that for each chart you are using for auto trading.
When you save the workspace these settings will be saved as well.

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for manual trading you need to select the Paper Trader profile in the window you are using for trading:
https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... al_Trading

strelow

Re: Server for dom simulation  [SOLVED]

Postby strelow » 20 Jul 2015

Hello Arnie Sptrader and Henry

Thanks for your feedback but I dont have any broker to feed. When I saw "Simulation" in DOM server I thought is possible open a demo account and understand better how to use. For my home
marked Bovespa I think I dont have any company to feed.

Could you suggest a server and explain how to configurate ?

I tried CQG and receive user and pass but have other configurations to fill and I cant connect.

AbleSys and AMP Futures |I did samething and no success .

Regards

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jul 2015

Hello Arnie Sptrader and Henry

Thanks for your feedback but I dont have any broker to feed. When I saw "Simulation" in DOM server I thought is possible open a demo account and understand better how to use. For my home
marked Bovespa I think I dont have any company to feed.

Could you suggest a server and explain how to configurate ?

I tried CQG and receive user and pass but have other configurations to fill and I cant connect.

AbleSys and AMP Futures |I did samething and no success .

Regards
Since MultiCharts 9.1 beta 1 CQG connection works via WebApi.
Old demo accounts created for COM API (which was used previously) will not work.
You need to contact your broker and request a new WebApi demo account.
Live accounts should work OK without any additional adjustments.

Return to “MultiCharts”