Order rejected in Paper Trader  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fernando43611

Order rejected in Paper Trader

Postby fernando43611 » 30 Jul 2015

Hi, Im trying to use to the paper trader account but when I try to buy or sell short I get a message saying that the order is rejected, any idea of how to solve this?

JoshM

Re: Order rejected in Paper Trader

Postby JoshM » 31 Jul 2015

Does it only say 'order rejected' or are there more details in the Order and Position Tracker window (the 'Log' tab)? More details and information can help us troubleshoot this issue.

fernando43611

Postby fernando43611 » 31 Jul 2015

here's a pic, whenever I try to buy or sell this shows up:
Attachments
rejected.png
(20.48 KiB) Downloaded 1337 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2015

Hello fernando43611,

Please try deleting the symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile.
Go to Multicharts->File->Broker profiles->Symbol mapping->Paper Trader profile->Remove all.

If the issue persists please send us MultiCharts logs (if you have not restarted the platform. Logs from the previous run are erased when you start MC):
In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. Please let me know that you have uploaded the logs.
If you want to send the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
Then in MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel. Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to support@multicharts.com for analysis.

fernando43611

Hello fernando43611,

Please try deleting the symbol mapping for the Paper Trader profile.
Go to Multicharts->File->Broker profiles->Symbol mapping->Paper Trader profile->Remove all.

If the issue persists please send us MultiCharts logs (if you have not restarted the platform. Logs from the previous run are erased when you start MC):
In MultiCharts go to Help->Feedback->Send logs. Please let me know that you have uploaded the logs.
If you want to send the logs manually please follow this guide: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... harts_Logs
Then in MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel. Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to support@multicharts.com for analysis.
I deleted the symbol mapping and the problem persists, I have sent the logs. Hope it helps. Thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 Jul 2015

fernando43611, please also provide the OPT export for analysis:

fernando43611

fernando43611, please also provide the OPT export for analysis:
Ok, done it.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Aug 2015

Hello fernando43611,

The orders are rejected because there are no accounts for Paper Trader profile.
Please go to MultiCharts->File->Broker profiles->Manage broker profiles->Paper Trader->Edit.
In the appeared window add an account. Click Ok and connect the Paper Trader broker profile.

In order to use the Paper Trader profile for auto trading you need to go to Format->Strategy Properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the Paper Trader profile->go to Settings-> select the account you need. You need to do that for each chart you are using for auto trading. When you save the workspace these settings will be saved as well.

fernando43611

Re: Order rejected in Paper Trader  [SOLVED]

Postby fernando43611 » 03 Aug 2015

Thanks!! Now it works great.

Return to “MultiCharts”