IOG with fir option

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
itai007

IOG with fir option

Postby itai007 » 05 Mar 2008

why doesn't the "ALL contracts" operator work ?

There must be a way to close all position in the IOG mode with the first option selected (enable each order in the signal to 1 entry and 1 exit)

I need this option because I trade only ones per bar but even if I use the all contracts for either sell or buytocover. It still buys only 1 unit of contracts per bar regardless if I am opened with several position accumulated from several previous bars ...

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Mar 2008

It works as it is supposed to work. You can check in TS. You should use 3d IOG option to sovle your issue.

itai007

Postby itai007 » 10 Mar 2008

It works as it is supposed to work. You can check in TS. You should use 3d IOG option to solve your issue.
choosing the first option and NOT the third , your logic states that it will enable each "ORDER" in the strategy to execute ones per bar and this it dose for all types of entries but for a general exit statement like buytocover ALL contracts which should enable it to close any short position opened , it dosnt work.

Of course I can chose other options but I choose the first option because that is what I need.

You should fix this IMO.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 10 Mar 2008

First of all it is not our invention. Secondly, if you read the option label carefully you will see that has "command" words instead of "order". It means that any commands can trigger one order only.

Return to “MultiCharts”