default untitled desktop

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arnie

default untitled desktop

Postby arnie » 05 Sep 2015

When we install and open a new MC instance this is the default desktop

Is there a way for us to change this default desktop?
Where is it located?
Please give us access to it so we can change the buttons as we please.

I know I can save my own desktops, saving this way the buttons display but that presupposes that I always open those desktops and that is not true.
Every time I open MC just to look at a chart, or do some test I open a regular MC instance which will open the default desktop. Sure I can change the buttons and rearrange them but the problem is that next time I do a clean MC installment I'll need to rearrange all buttons again whereas if we had access to this default desktop we would only need to copy/paste it after a fresh installment and we would have all our buttons in their rightful place.
Attachments
until_desk.png
(49.15 KiB) Downloaded 474 times

JoshM

Re: default untitled desktop

Postby JoshM » 05 Sep 2015

I know I can save my own desktops, saving this way the buttons display but that presupposes that I always open those desktops and that is not true.
Every time I open MC just to look at a chart, or do some test I open a regular MC instance which will open the default desktop. Sure I can change the buttons and rearrange them but the problem is that next time I do a clean MC installment I'll need to rearrange all buttons again whereas if we had access to this default desktop we would only need to copy/paste it after a fresh installment and we would have all our buttons in their rightful place.
Perhaps as a workaround: AutoLoad Workspaces based on Command Line Parameters (apparently works for desktops too). With that you can create multiple desktop icons, each for its own desktop to open.

arnie

Re: default untitled desktop

Postby arnie » 06 Sep 2015

Perhaps as a workaround: AutoLoad Workspaces based on Command Line Parameters (apparently works for desktops too). With that you can create multiple desktop icons, each for its own desktop to open.
As a workaround it can help but not the best way to deal with it.
Whereas with the standard "untitled desktop" when we click save it open the save window so we can give the name we want, using this workaround when we click save it will save the changes we do in that desktop.

Return to “MultiCharts”