Too many bars data: Erasing instrument data cache:  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Too many bars data: Erasing instrument data cache:

Postby arjfca » 30 Oct 2015

Hello

Sometime I do made the error to get too many bars on my charts, This will happen whenever when I use a very low scale .

The problem is often after a huge historic bar data, my PC may act erratic and one or many program may hanged. Can't say why it occurs, but it do cause real problem

Has soon that I realized the error, I closed down MC and restart it. If not, I will probably need to close the entire PC and restart

Instead of closing MC, will it be possible to erase only the data file attached to a particular instrument?

If anyone has a way to monitors some files or programs let me know. I'm curious to understand the problem

Martin

Note:
PC :
Win 10 64. Was doing the same problem with Win 7 64
Intel I5 with 24 gb ram
MC 64
Data provider IB
The problem is not a pacing problem with IB

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Too many bars data: Erasing instrument data cache:

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Nov 2015

Hello Martin,

I'm not sure I understand the issue you have. Please attach a screenshot demonstrating it.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 16 Nov 2015

Hello Martin,

I'm not sure I understand the issue you have. Please attach a screenshot demonstrating it.
Difficult to show a screen capture

Let me explain the situation

Data provider: IB
Other software: TWS running

In formating the instrument, I usually set the history data bars to 2000. This number do respect IB rules . So whatever scale I use to study the instrument, only show 2000 bars .

Once in while, I do modify the data history bars to be started by a given date.

If I happen to select a very low scale like 500 tiks and the data history bars is set to 3 months back, I will heavily fill a data cache. And this will eventually cause some problem like

- Indicators running under the given charts will stop
- MC will crash
- TWS will crash or run erratically
- Other programs may malfunction

I can't say witch software is in cause. TWS, Java, MC or any other one. No tool to diagnose that. I suspect Java in cause, but nothing to prove it. Yes, I'm running the latest Java

So to prevent any malfailurre, as soon as I realised that I may have overload a data file, I close MC and TWS and restart these applications Doing that usually prevent further problem.

So my question is, Any idea if there is a given cache file that I could close without having to stop MC and TWS.

Hope it is clearer

Martin
Attachments
Set History.png
(66.52 KiB) Downloaded 568 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Too many bars data: Erasing instrument data cache:  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Nov 2015

Hello Martin,

Have you checked the processes list in the task manager - what is the process that is using the RAM or CPU when the issue appears?

In case MultiCharts crashes - please leave it running (do not end any processes/do not close any windows).
Go to Start->All programs->MultiCharts64 ->LogsCollector.
The tool will collect the logs, create dump files, zip them and upload to our FTP.
Please let us know when you upload the dumps by sending an email to support@multicharts.com and we will forward them to our engineers for analysis.
If the file cannot be uploaded automatically - please manually upload it to any file sharing hosting and send us the download link.

After that is done you can end the processes and restart MultiCharts.

arjfca

Postby arjfca » 18 Nov 2015

OK Henry

I will try to test the problem this weekend and will process as you mentioned if a crash or problem do occur

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”