Submitting Too Many Orders

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
deltastrike

Submitting Too Many Orders

Postby deltastrike » 03 Nov 2015

I've checked the option to submit only one order per bar, but MC is still submitting multiple limit orders per bar if the previous orders are filled then closed (i.e. buy order submitted, filled, hits profit target then closes).

Is there any other way to avoid this besides the check box in the "Format Strategy" menu? Because that doesn't appear to work properly.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Submitting Too Many Orders

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 16 Nov 2015

Hello deltastrike,

Please send us (support@multicharts.com) the following information for analysis:
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbols you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument (without data). Send us the QMD export file for analysis;
-in Power Language editor->File->Export->Export with dependent functions the study you are backtesting. Send us the study export file;
- specify the version and build number of MultiCharts you are running (in MultiCharts go to Help tab-> About);
- instructions for replicating the error.

tony

Re: Submitting Too Many Orders

Postby tony » 16 Nov 2015

You can always add in redundant code in your script to limit the number of trades either per bar or for the day. I have this built in purely as a redundancy.

Return to “MultiCharts”