Editing Data- simple suggestion to improve it

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brodnicki steven

Editing Data- simple suggestion to improve it

Postby brodnicki steven » 12 Mar 2008

I had to edit some bad ticks and ran into this annoying situation, when I change anything in the edit data window, it resets everything. Can you make our last entry the Default ?, example, edit tick data, then go to minute data, it forces you to re-enter date and time, you don't want the date and time changing just because you change the data time format.
It's a huge waste of time when several bad ticks have to be found and fixed.

dupl

Re: Editing Data- simple suggestion to improve it

Postby dupl » 24 Apr 2008

I had to edit some bad ticks and ran into this annoying situation, when I change anything in the edit data window, it resets everything. Can you make our last entry the Default ?, example, edit tick data, then go to minute data, it forces you to re-enter date and time, you don't want the date and time changing just because you change the data time format.
It's a huge waste of time when several bad ticks have to be found and fixed.
I did point also in the past to this!

Please, it can make very angry, like it is also in MC version 3, if you have to edit more than "one"!

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Apr 2008

Hi guys,

When you go to Edit Data and choose a resolution, QuoteManager shows you all the available range of data for this resolution to let the users know what they have. Is it this feature that you want changed?

TJ

Postby TJ » 25 Apr 2008

it would be nice if we can edit the data right on the chart.

dupl

Postby dupl » 25 Apr 2008

Hi guys,

When you go to Edit Data and choose a resolution, QuoteManager shows you all the available range of data for this resolution to let the users know what they have. Is it this feature that you want changed?
No!

Example: If you made selections at Data Range, than you edit e.g. the ASK.
But you want to edit the same selections at this Data Range for the BIDs!

But if you change from ASK to BID, all your selections at Data Range got lost.

Changing a parameter from Data Settings, destroys the selections at Data Range!

This is a problem of Usability: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usability

PS: we discussed this already last year. And you sad, that it is added on the "to do list"...

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 May 2008

Hi dupl,

What you are describing is just another aspect of what I was talking about. It's not that the QuoteManger deletes the settings for your previos data range display request. It's simply that when you change the field, say from bid to ask (or if you change the resolution), the program shows you all the data available for this resolution.

However, this implementation might be changed in future to remember user settings.

Regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”